(10) The Start of a Battle

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, you're right. I'm just scared she'll reject me. I need to be super romantic and not mess anything up."

"Since today is the festival, you can confess to Amity when the fireworks appear. That's definitely romantic."

"How do you know that's romantic?" I eyed my sister suspiciously.

"Eda taught me a lot of stuff on how to swoon anybody. She even showed me how she managed to snatch mom," Vee giggled.

"What Edalyn did was not romantic but I still fell in love with her," mama smiled, thinking about the memories of her and Eda.

"Yeah, I agree with mom. Just be yourself as usual and maybe add some spice to things such as flirting. Though, you have been doing that. So keep it up and everything between you and Amity will go smoothly."

"I'll take your word for it," I held a determined grin.

"Make mama proud cariño."

"I will ma."

We all smiled at each other before Eda left the castle and came along with us to look at stands. I communicated with some people who I have met through my mothers and caught them up with what's going on in my life. Most of them were interested when I introduced the job I had of protecting Princess Amity. Two hours went by and finally the royalties came out of the castle.

Everybody was cheering and clapping as their excitement expanded to see the Blight family. My eyes were only focused on Amity as her hair is perfectly brushed with her tiara sitting on top of her head. She was wearing a light purple undershirt with puffed sleeves, a darker purple vest over the top, and black heels. I felt my face become warm while I continued staring at the princess I desire to be with. I felt someone nudge me on my side.

"You are so in love with the way you stare at Princess Amity like a maniac. She will notice you are drooling over her," Vee sighed.

"Sorry about that. I-I can't help myself," I rubbed the back of my neck, feeling embarrassed.

"Anyways, she's coming towards you. I'm heading off to find something delicious to stuff in my mouth. Diviértete con tu princesa, hermana (have fun with your princess, sister)," Vee winked before leaving me standing alone. I knew my face was entirely red from getting caught staring at Amity and from what my sister told me.

I had no idea Amity was already near me when she tapped my shoulder. I slightly flinched and whipped my head in her direction. I suddenly felt myself become slightly nervous now that she was with me.

"Hey Luz."

"Oh hey Princess Amity! It's great to see you! I mean, I always see you, but I just want you to know that it really is great to see you hehe," I chuckled nervously.

"Uh, are you okay? You're acting a little weird today," Amity's eyes were filled with concern.

"Oh, me? Pft...why wouldn't I be okay? I'm just excited that the festival is happening. This is how I act sometimes."

I'm so stupid.

"I've never seen you this excited but okay. I told my dad that I'll be hanging out with you if that's okay," Amity slowly tucked a strand behind her ear.

"I would lov- I mean...like that. It'll be like the time when we went to Bonesborough."

"Haha yes! It felt as if it was yesterday."

"Time flies, doesn't it?"

"Yeah...it does."

"Well, let's not waste any time," I gently grabbed Amity's hand and led her around the area where the festival took place. Mostly everyone greeted Amity and offered her goods that they made. Some men would grab her hand and kiss the top of it. I was sort of annoyed by it, but I held a happy face. As for the princess, she was used to this and didn't bother her as much.