Chapter 8

Maya's pov

I was sitting in the audience watching the school play, "Romeo and Juliet." I wouldn't be here since I hated the story, but Riley was playing Juliet and Lucas was playing Romeo. On the stage Juliet is laying in the coffin playing dead, when Romeo walks over to her.

"Eyes, look your last." Lucas recited looking at Riley. "Arms, take your last embrace, And, lips, oh, you the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss." He was about to kiss Riley when the play was interrupted. Farkle jumps out from the side of the stage. "Back off!" Farkle exclaimed.

"What meanest thou?" Lucas asked trying not to break character. "Spear carrier... who havest no lines." He continued. "You tried to kiss my woman. This I cannot allow. Prepare to die!" Farkle exclaimed at him. "Farkle, what are you doing?" Lucas asked finally breaking out of character. "Its Romeo and Juliet." He finished.

"Well now, its "Romeo and Juliet and Farkle." Farkle told him, "I play Farkle. He finished.

"Dude, I'm suppose to kiss the girl. Shakespeare said." Lucas told him.

"Who thinks the spear carrier should finally get to kiss Juliet?" Farkle asks the audience.

The audience cheers as response, and I get up bringing attention to myself. "Yeah, you kiss that girl, you crazy spear carrier." I said.

"Hark!" Farkle looks around quickly as if trying to spot Remy, but can't so he continues, "You cometh uppeth here and getteth kissed too." Farkle told me.

The audience cheers louder, "No, way Farkle, I move down there and next thing you know Remy is there too trying to kill you, plus I wouldn't kiss anyone else because I love Remy and wouldn't do that to her." I told him. "Yeah, you're right lets not do that." Farkle replied.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third person pov

After the play, a crowd gathers in the school hallway to cheer for Lucas, Riley and Maya, but as Farkle walked out nobody clapped for him. Riley feeling bad for him started clapping, causing everybody else to join. Farkle walks throughout the crowd waving his arms around, "Thank you. Thank you, Farkle nation!" He said.

"Farkle, come here." Maya said until Riley stopped her. "Maya, don't. He thinks he was good." Riley told her. "Yeah, I'm gonna fix that." Maya told her. "But you can't tell him the truth. You'll crush him." Riley told Maya. "Oh, I can tell him the truth. It's you who can't tell him the truth because you're afraid." Maya told Riley.

"That's true." Remy appeared out of nowhere and said.

"Ahhhh!" Riley and Maya screamed frightened.

"Sorry for scaring you baby, and Riley but it's true. You're afraid to tell him the truth." Remy said.

"See, even Remy knows that you're to afraid to tell Farkle the truth. Maya told Riley.

Riley looked offended, "I'm not afraid. I'm nice." She said.

"You're saying we're not nice?" Maya asked her with a smile while gesturing to herself and Remy.

"Oh, I know Remy's not nice." Riley deadpanned, then looks to Maya, "No, I'm afraid to say that." Riley said voice quavering.

"That's true." Remy said with a shrug.

"Tell him the truth. You know Farkle. You know what will happen if you don't" Maya told Riley, as they approached Farkle.

Riley turned to face Farkle. "Farkle. You were so... What are the best words?" She asked. "He killed the play." Maya told her. "Those are the words." She finished.