CHAPTER 56 ↠ anger after

Start from the beginning

After Michael got out of the car he helped Bea, who held onto his arm from then on. They walked slowly, since Michael understood she was weak from barely sleeping or eating, and she wasn't going to somewhere she'd feel better in any way.

The wagon with Bonnie was ready. Some people were around it already. Tommy, Ada and Finn were the only Shelby's apart from Polly. Isaiah and his father were there, along with Curly and Uncle Charlie.

Bonnie was lying there, inside the wagon, in fresh clothes, with his hands linked over his chest. There wasn't much inside, since Bonnie didn't own much, but there was a photo of him and a sketch Bea had painted.

Bea let go of Michael and stood alone for a bit, until Finn approached her.

"I got it for you," he says as he hands her Bonnie's peaky cap.

Bea looks down at the cap and then back at Finn. "Thank you," she says as she takes it. "How is he in there?"

"He's resting."

"He's not resting, he's dead," she says looking at Tommy, who was close enough to hear her clearly.

"Bea..." Tommy speaks. "My sincere condolences for your loss."

"Where is Aberama?" she asks ignoring his pity.

Tommy cleared his throat, not wanting to be the one to tell her.

"Aberama left the hospital yesterday and went on a quest to find his own revenge, even though he was informed that I had a plan to do so."

"He left?" Bea asks shocked. "He's not even coming to his son's funeral?"

"I suppose not."

"What is this shit?" Bea asks outrageous. "It's his son's funeral. Bonnie is dead because Aberama made deals with you and now he doesn't show his face here? Revenge? Revenge?! He couldn't wait a day?"

Bea takes a deep breath. She continues to hold back tears of sadness and sorrow, now mixed with tears of anger.

"Bonnie is gone, and this is the funeral he has? With people he barely spoke to or not at all?"

No one spoke. The Shelby's knew her pain, from losing John, but they didn't know what was like to feel alone at a funeral, since they had each other, and Bea was the only Gold there.

"I'm really sorry for this, Bea," Tommy says.

"Then bring him back. If you're so very sorry, bring him back," Bea asks the impossible. "Aberama, you... either of you should have died instead of Bonnie. He's more worthy of life than you."

"I don't doubt there. However, there's nothing I can do now." Tommy says with a calm that angers Bea even more. "You should say a few last words. For him."

Bea looks away from Tommy and to the wagon. There was silence for a while and she rubbed her face lightly.

"I'm sorry," she says to Tommy, but looking away from him. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. You shouldn't have died instead of him."

"I understand that you are angry—"

"I'm angry at Aberama, not you. Not you," she repeats, to convince herself as well.

The Golden Girl ↠ Finn ShelbyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara