FT 10

Taeyong clenched his jaw the moment he heard Y/N's words. Yet he could not do anything because his woman was right beside him.

President Choi looked intently at the remaining couple inside the shop. A glint of curiosity and scrutiny can be found in the depth of his eyes. 

He was aware of the Kim Family's Young Mistress.

He was also aware that Kim Jennie was considered as a prominent and distinguished woman.

Yet if she were to be compared to Myoui Mina, she would simply be inferior to her.

Despite the fact that he did not have the chance to see how things unfolded inside the shop, the couple was still not completely innocent.

President Choi gave them a neutral expression before heading for the exit, not having words to say to them.

But he was stopped once more when a deep voice called for his name, "Mister Choi, isn't it?" The matured man nodded his head impatiently.

"I am Y/N's cousin. You might be in a hurry but I'd like to show my gratitude for defending her since I noticed she didn't say thank you earlier."

Hearing Y/N's name, President Choi's shoulders grew tense again. He could only let out a lopsided smile, "No! It is more than fine. I am in no place to ask for her gratitude."

When the young Lee heard how the President of the mall was so humble when it came to his cousin, his eyes grew sharper.

He had no idea who he was trying to knock over.

Taeyong put his hands inside his pockets and spoke casually, "You and Y/N... how did the both of you end up working with each other?"

President Choi stares at him with a dumbfounded expression.

Why was this man speaking so casually to him when he was much older?

But right at that moment, he realised that Taeyong's intentions would do more harm than good.

His face became more stoic and this time, his voice sounded unfriendly, "Mister Lee, her and I's affairs should not bother you as much as it is doing right now. But since you are curious, all I can tell you is to be careful with your actions when you are with Miss Y/LN."

After President Choi nearly spat those words to the Lee out of fear, he turned his back against them and left.

All that was left was a silently fuming Taeyong standing next to Jennie.

He clenched his fists tightly, almost breaking his own wrist. "Jennie, aren't you curious too? What did Y/N do to receive such luxurious treatment."

The woman stays silent at his question, so he continues mindlessly, "Did she perhaps... get together with another wealthy person?"

This time, Jennie spoke with an incredulous expression on her face, "I don't think so. She is not the type to use others as stepping stones."

"I see, but there's a chance..."

"Look, Taeyong. Y/N and I have grown together. I know her like the back of my hand so she wouldn't dare to do that. She never even asked me to spend a dime on her..."

"Moreover, whenever I gave her presents, she would get upset at the thought of me spending money."

Taeyong just stared at Jennie's solemn look. It was visible that the woman beside him was reminiscing the past.

The pride and arrogance that once filled his heart was replaced with envy and anguish.

He could see it. He knows Jennie still had lingering feelings for his cousin and it truly drove him insane.