FT 4

Intensive Care Unit

The moment Y/N arrived in front of the room her sister was admitted in, she was no longer there. She had been transferred to one of the operating rooms.

So she waited. No matter how tired she was at that moment, she still waited.

Few yet long hours passed when a doctor patted her back. She realises that she had fallen asleep in the waiting room outside of the ICU. Letting out a tried groan, she looks up to the doctor, eyes still fluttering from fatigue.

But when she saw the doctor in front of her, she immediately became sober.

"Doctor! How is Heejin? Please tell me she's okay!" She anxiously squeaked out. Eyes wide open and eyebrows furrowed in concern.

The doctor nods with a pursed lips while he adjusts the collar of his white coat. Y/N lets out a breath of relief as she slumps down on the chair.

"Her heart stopped for a moment. We managed to revive her in time. Her current condition is stable and shows no threat of failed vital signs." The doctor slowly explained with eyes staring intently at Y/N.

"That means she's doing okay, right?" She cautiously asked with a pleading face.

"Yes. For now." The doctor uttered firmly before getting called by a nurse, causing him to hurriedly walk away.

She could only nod her head slowly and watch the man slowly descend into the hallway. Walking up to Heejin's room, she arrived with her sister already present there and looking out the window.

Y/N approached her cautiously and asked in a distressed tone, "Heejin, are you alright? Tell me if you feel anything unusual."

"Don't worry, I'm fine. Thank you for asking though."

Heejin's voice had no emotion and it sounded rough. Y/N couldn't see the expression on her face since her back was against her.

Y/N licked her lips and frowned slowly.

Heejin was her only sister. How could she not worry when her heart had literally stopped beating for a moment? She was close to tears.

She could not afford to lose her.

Everything in their family was doing great until the school called that Heejin fainted during their Physical Education class when she was only 17.

That was the time she was diagnosed with Ventricular Septal Defect.

That specific event was very crucial for Heejin. If she hadn't fainted, her disease wouldn't be noticed sooner.

The younger woman saw the deep frown on her sister's face. So she reached out to touch her shoulder and with a soft expression on her face, she uttered.

"I'm telling the truth, Y/N. I'm here breathing and talking to you, dummy." The teasing tone in her voice made Y/N crack a smile.

She was about to ask handful of questions to the younger woman in front of her when the door slowly opened with hospital staff walking in cautiously.

There was one person that stood out though. She had seen his face in the entrance of the hospital.

It was the Chairman of the hospital!

"Miss Y/LN, we apologise for the delay. We are here to transfer your sister to another ward." The man was looking at her with humble eyes. The tone of his voice was respectful and gentle.

Y/N was confused. What do they mean by transferring her sister to another ward?

Could it be... that Jennie and the Kim's already wanted to stop supporting her suffering sister? That thought alone made her heart drop to her stomach.