"We need that book!" Both boys spoke in unison. They looked at Willow to make sure she was on board.

"I thought it was already agreed upon that we needed the book as soon as we found out it existed," Willow said, shrugging.

Then she and Stiles parted from Scott. They found Allison sitting at a picnic table in the courtyard, where they quickly relayed all the information from Scott. And just like the werewolf, her mind went to a horrible place.

"I think you mean—"

"No," Stiles cut her off, rolling his eyes at the grin on Allison's face. "I mean bestiary. And the two of you, I don't want to know what's going on in your heads. How dare you mention such things around innocent little Willow."

Allison chuckled and rolled her eyes. "Okay, um, can you describe this thing?"

"Uh, it's probably like a book. Old, worn," Willow told her. She was picturing something that would be found in a magical castle, so it probably wasn't accurate, but it'd be close enough.

"Like, bound in leather?" Allison asked, raising an eyebrow.

After explaining to Stiles that she had seen a book similar to that with her grandfather, he was off. Willow opted to sit next to Allison and do some homework, not wanting to run around and get sweaty in her nice outfit.

In the time that she finished an economics worksheet, Stiles ran back to them twice, getting more out of breath each time. He had even swiped Scott's inhaler — Willow wasn't sure if it actually helped or if it was for dramatic flair.

"You know, drug dealers have been using disposable cellphones pretty successfully for years," Stiles complained.

"My parents check every call, email, and text message I send. Trust me, they'd find it," Allison said, and Willow nodded in agreement. They searched her room every day while she was at school, no doubt.

"All right, can you get the book?" he asked her.

Allison frowned and shook her head. "Not without his keys."

As Stiles again ran off, Willow put down her glittery pen and squinted at the fleeing boy. "I guess I could call Stiles while he was with Scott and you were with me. Then he wouldn't have to run."

She picked up her phone, but Allison swiped it from her hands with a mischievous grin. "Maybe, but this way is much more fun, don't you think?"

"You are evil, Allison Argent," Willow said, grinning. "I'll let him go another trip or two, but then we'll switch to a call. I don't want him too tired out from the game."

"The game that he won't be playing in?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

Willow nudged her shoulder and giggled. "Meanie."

☽︎

"Are you gonna tell me what's going on with you?" Willow asked, taking a seat next to Jackson on the bench.

It would still be a bit before the lacrosse game started, and people were still arriving. Willow saw the boy sitting alone on the bench and decided to join him. He hadn't been himself since the full moon, and she wanted to know why.

"Nothing's going on," he said tensely. Willow only gave him a pointed look, knowing he was lying. Jackson sighed and looked down at his hands. "The bite didn't work. At least, not all the way, I think."

"What do you mean? You've got the claws and the fangs and the strength—"

"No, I don't," he stated, shaking his head. "And nothing happened on the full moon — at least, I think. I borrowed a camera from Matt and videoed myself. Danny's looking through the footage to make sure the camera didn't break during the night, but there's nothing. I'm nothing."