"Derek, I've really got to go. I've got to meet Lydia to study for a test. And then I need to bring Dad dinner. I was just dropping off Isaac's work for the week—"

"Willow—"

"I'm sorry for interrupting you two—"

"I wasn't—"

"Erica is really very pretty and she's so smart and makes lots of funny jokes—"

"Willow, don't—"

"I'm glad that you could move on—"

"She's not you!" Derek shouted, having to raise his voice to get Willow to listen. "Willow, Erica is not you."

"You can kiss whoever you want, Derek. You didn't have to run out here to try and smooth things over," Willow said, not seeing his point. "Now, it's raining, and I'd rather not get a cold so—"

"I didn't kiss—" Derek was cut off by Willow's phone loudly ringing, and he cursed as she went to answer it. "Can you just wait?"

"It's Scott," Willow said, stepping back. Though seeing him kiss another girl hurt more than anything, she still needed to remember why she had ended things in the first place. So, Scott's timing was impeccable. "You know? Scott, who you almost killed last week?"

Derek sighed, frustrated with himself as Willow answered the call.

"Hey, Scott. I thought you were meeting Allison tonight?" she asked, turning away from Derek.

"Willow, it's Stiles," Scott said, making her veins turn to ice. Though he quickly reassured her that he wasn't dead. "Something attacked a mechanic at the auto repair shop. It didn't get Stiles, but I knew you'd want to know."

"Oh my god. Is he hurt? Is he safe? I - I'll be right over," she said, beginning to freak out as she finished walking to her car. Derek was silently following, listening in to the call. "Y - you said something, not someone killed him."

"You can meet us at his place — I'm headed to pick him up. Stiles is alright, but it - it did something to him. It was like he was paralyzed for a little bit," Scott explained. "But from what it sounds like, I think the thing that killed Isaac's dad might have done it."

Willow's wide eyes snapped to Derek, who looked just as concerned. "What if it goes after Isaac? O - or Stiles again for witnessing the attack?"

"Look, if it wanted Stiles dead, it sounds like he'd be dead. But I know you won't actually stop worrying until you see him, so get over there and we'll be there soon," he told her.

"You tell him to expect an hour-long hug and a How I Met Your Mother session," she said sternly, as if it was some kind of punishment.

"Do I get an hour-long hug?" he asked, laughing.

"Were you paralyzed and forced to watch a brutal murder?" she shot back, raising an eyebrow. "I believe you have your answer."

"Is this still payback about trying to pimp you out?" Scott grumbled. "Mom already took away my Xbox controller for that."

"You're getting it back in two days, you baby."

After hanging up, Willow unlocked her car. For a moment, she almost forgot that Derek was near, not wanting to leave her alone in the dark, especially after learning of the new murder.

"Scott tried to pimp you out?" Derek asked, clearly confused. Given that he was considered the bad guy now, he wasn't familiar with all their new shenanigans.

"Well, it's not like I have a boyfriend to be bothered by it if he did," she said, trying to act like she didn't care. "Just like you don't have a girlfriend to care if you go around kissing your new betas."