I chuckled while Brownie threw daggers in her direction.

"Now you can't argue! Eat it or else, I'll make you!", I stated.

"Fine!", she said like an arrogant child while Gracie placed the tray in front of her.

I stood there until she finished everything.

"Now be a good girl and sleep", I said and pulled the covers over her.

There was rise of a sudden urge in me to protect her, to stay by her side but I fought against it. She's been through a lot today. The journey and the arguments must have exhausted her.

I simply kissed her forehead, making her eyes widen at me.

I smiled at her and without saying anything, left the room.

.

.

.

The next morning, I decided to work from home because honestly, leaving Savvy and Brownie under one roof could be fatal.

I went down to the dining table, only to find it occupied with Savvy. She was happily eating her food, without a thinking about her pregnant sister who was still not there.

I shook my head as expecting anything from her would be in vain.

I went up to her room, to see if she was still sleeping.

"Brownie?", I knocked on the door.

No reply.

I knocked again but didn't hear anything in return.

Maybe she's sleeping.

I quietly opened the door to peek inside. I stuck my head inside to see if she was sleeping, but the bed was absolutely empty. In fact, it was perfectly made, as if no one slept there.

I rushed into the room and checked the washroom.

Suddenly, a nauseous feeling crept inside me as my mind played the events of last night. She didn't take it well with Savvy just like before.

I could feel the history repeat itself I could feel my heart leap out of my body when bad thoughts about her leaving me again started settling in.

I quickly rushed down and checked the lawn and the other areas around the mansion but no sign of her. I hurried back into the house and into the dinning hall where Savvy was happily munching on her food.

I grabbed her arms and pulled her to her feet, making her hiss at me.

"What the hell did you do now?", I glared.

"What???What the hell are you talking about?", she narrowed her eyes as me as she tried to free herself.

"Don't try to act smart with me, Savvy! I told you to stay away from Jennifer then why do you have to interfere??", I yanked her arm.

"Have you gone crazy? Why would I say anything to her? If at all, I'd just throw her out of our house!", she hissed.