„A bad dream?“

Fred wiggled a little bit and made himself more comfortable.

It definitely wasn’t a bad dream, but it wasn’t actually the dream I had expected, so it wasn’t a nice dream either, right? No, because it was nice, but I shouldn’t have dreamed it.

Fred snapped his fingers in front of my eyes.

„Erm, no? It was.. You know what? I forgot already.“, I avoided his gaze and suddenly the ceiling was very interesting.

„Yeah? I don’t believe you. But it’s alright. I know you don’t want to talk to me anymore.“, he stood up and walked past me but I grabbed his wrist and he looked down at me.

„What?“, I’d never seen his eyes this cold before. Usually his eyes were full of affection. But now?

„I’m sorry, can you please sit down again?“, I tried to put on my most charming smile and his eyes changed immediately. Now the usual warmth were back. I made space for him and he sat down.

He conjured a blanket and spread it out over our legs. His familiar scent hit my nose.

„Soo, you dreamed about me, huh?“, he jokingly asked and I choked on my tea.

„Wait, really?“, he leaned a bit forward and stared at my face. I felt the heat rising in my cheeks.

„I-..“

„Hey, you don’t have to talk about it if it’s makes you uncomfortable.“, he smiled warmly at me.

„Thank you“.

We both sat there, in a comfortable silence, sipping on our tea. The crackle of the fireplace in the background and the whistle of the wind outside could be heard.

My eyes became more heavy with every tick of the big grandfather clock until they closed completely. I felt asleep with my head leaned against Fred’s shoulder.

-----
„Get up, lovebirds.“, my eyes fluttered open at the sound of George’s voice. Fred was still sleeping with his head on top of mine.

I checked the time, only to see that it was 8am, so it was most likely that some students had already seen us, cuddled up together under a blanket.

I shook Fred, and when he opened his eyes he smiled at me.

„Good morning.. Oh… may I… “, he leaned forward and I panicked when his hand found its way to my cheek.
His thumb softly stroked over my cheek bone and then he pulled back, „make a wish…“, smiling, he held his thumb up, an eyelash on it.

I stared at his thumb, then my eyes flickered up to met his honey colored ones. I blew at his thumb, not able to look away from his eyes. And silently made my wish.

-----
„Where are we going?“, I giggled while Cedric lead me along a path, my eyes covered by his hands.

„It wouldn’t be a surprise if I told you, right?“, he had planned something, he did that often over the past weeks. Took me out to dates or little walks around the lake. I really liked it.

June showed itself from his best side, the early summer sun lured the students outside and the songs the birds were singing, constantly filled the air.

„Here we are!“, Cedric took his hands away and my eyes landed on the big blanket, a basket filled with fruits, cheese, crackers and pumpkin pasties, two glasses and a bottle of orange juice.

„Thank you!“, I turned around and smiled up at Cedric. He put his hands around my waist and pulled me in a hug, kissing my temple.

I took his hands in mine and moved them away from my waist, so that I could sat down cross legged.