𝙿𝚁𝙾𝚃𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙾𝚁|𝟶𝟶𝟺

Start from the beginning

Mahogany rummaged through the many trash bags until she had whipped out Juju's favorite blanket their mother tried to throw away time and time again claiming he needed to be a man. It had little stains from kool aid here  and there and was a tad dingy but it gave him comfort.

Mahogany's phone dinged making her pull it out and see that Majesty had texted her saying she was less than five minutes away. Giving a quick response before she tucked the phone back into her pocket, she lifted the bags and tied them so that the rain wouldn't beat it more than it already was.

Ebonee sat on the floor of the apartment dry hall as they awaited Majesty's arrival. She picked at the chipped parts of her ipod and judging by her body language, she was doing her best not to cry. How could her own mother hate her and do her so wrong? Her mother was supposed to be her person, she thought to herself as she tapped her feet on the concrete.

"I promise you both that I got y'all, whatever it is big sis has y'all for life." Mahogany solemnly spoke tiredly, she was exhausted from being the protector and the provider but she knew that was just her role. It was obvious the two kids saw her more as a mother than a sister and could she blame them? She was more of a parent to them than her parents had ever been to her or either of them.

"Well can I have an h-hug? I could really use one." Ebonee says lowly, her voice cracks as she speaks signaling that the tears were to come at any second.

"Of course," Mahogany says observing her little sister. "Come here." She opens her arms and to her surprise both her babies come into them not saying a word.

She rubs their backs until they both calm down not noticing that Majesty and her mom had arrived.

"Sorry ass daughter of a...you know what, Karma has her, what mother kicks her own daughters and son out? That lady needs a mental evaluation I tell you that much!" Legacee, Majesty's mother says as she helps to grab some bags from Mahogany. "Oh, you poor babies you look cold! Y'all get into the car and we'll be on the way so you can get a warm bath."

Mohagany nods at them as confirmation that they can get into the car and helps Legacee pack the rest of the bags into the car along with Majesty.

"I had no idea how bad it was at home...you know you could've stayed here with me girl anytime!" Majesty says on the ride back home.

"My mom would've raised hell if I did that, I couldn't talk about home life because I know we all have our things we go through." Mahogany says.

"And that we do, however, when home life gets like that you should come and tell!  Why didn't you tell anyone in your family?" Legacee asks as she drives. "Are y'all hung--

"Yes!" Juju says cutting her off midsentence rubbing his stomach.

"Juju that's rude, don't cut people off when they're talking." Mahogany says causing him to grumble gradually getting upset.

"Juju has autism which is why his behavior may change from time to time." Mahogany says explaining to Legacee since she had never met him. "He doesn't like loud noise which is why he covers his ears and it might actually cause him to act out. He also doesn't like to be told what to do so it's hard to ask him sometimes. I'm only telling you this because I hope that you'll be patient with him. At home, he used to get yelled at and cursed at and so he jumps if you say his name too hard."

Legacee nods as she takes in the new information and agrees to be patient with little Juju.

"Juju you want Wendys?" Legacee asks him waiting for a response. "Juju?" She repeats his name softly.

"Yes." He finally responds after pondering in silence. "Chicken nuggets."

"He eats a four-count with fries and strawberry lemonade." Mahogany says as they pull into the restaurant parking lot to join the drive-thru.

"What do y'all want?" Legacee says asking the rest of the kids. Each ordered a four for four and once they got their food they were finally on the way home.

"You know you're allowed to put your clothes in the closet right?" Majesty asks Mahogany. "Girl this is your house, you live here now! That means you live comfortably."

"Girl this is gon take some getting used to, the peace the quiet, and worrying a little less for Juju and Eb." Mahogany says as she begins to put things in the closet.

"I'll let you get situated, I ran the bath for Juju and my mom had brought out some night clothes for him to wear to bed. She said that she'll go and get a bunk bed for the two so they won't have to sleep on that hard-ass futon couch." Majesty says.

"You don't have to do that girl! They're more than happy that it's just peace and quiet here and no more yelling. Y'all have done more than enough...honestly." Mahogany says. "I owe y'all so much!"

"You don't owe a damn thing ya hear me?" Legacee says coming up the stairs with some freshly washed blankets for Mahogany and the kids. "Y'all are MY kids now which means I take care of any and everything y'all need okay? You don't have to be on defense anymore Mahogany."

Mahogany smiles sweetly at her not knowing what to say as she takes the blankets and sets them on the bed.

"If you need anything, Jodecee is on the couch downstairs and he said he'll be up late in his office so you're free to come by!" Legacee says. "I'm gonna go lay down because I've had a long stressful day at work, I'll check in with you all in a few and as I'm sure Majesty had told you, I ran the bath for Juju."

"Thank you so much for everything honestly Mrs.Legacee." Mahogany says.

Legacee smiles sweetly at the girls before she crosses to the other end of the hall to her master bedroom to lay in her bed and watch Love and Hip Hop.

"I'll come bother you in a few bitchh!"Majesty says before she goes to her room right across from hers.

After Mahogany settles in, she goes to her brother and sister's room and dresses Juju for bed. She then starts the shower for Ebonee and helps them put their clothes where they belong.

"I think I'm gonna like it here...it's so quiet, I don't wanna go back ever," Ebonee says as she strips down into her undergarments and wraps her body with a towel.

"I don't think we'll ever have to unless momma crazy ass tries to take her to court...I really hope I don't bring our mess and make it their mess." Mahogany rubs her temples.

"Ms.Legacee says that if momma comes around her acting crazy she'll handle her as--behind," Ebonee says. "I hope she do, cause I'd love to see momma get laid the freak out."

"Shit I'd love to be the one doing the laying but like Ms.Legacee says, Karma has her and I have you two forever! Now don't go asking for too much and please try to stay tidy so we don't cause any stress or trouble." Mahogany says making Ebonee nod her head.

"Oh I will! I don't wanna mess this up." Ebonee said as she heads into the bathroom.

"I like it here." Juju finally said after his held silence.  "Not too loud."

"I like it here too Ju." Mahogany said. "I think we're safe."

"Safe," Juju repeated to himself. "We are...safe."

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»
THOUGHTS?
published: 12/18/2021 at 11:54 PM