𝙵𝙰𝙼𝙸𝙻𝚈 𝙼𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁𝚂|𝟶𝟶𝟷

𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒

𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒.
𝐌𝐀𝐉𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐀𝐎𝐑 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍
𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒

Majesty stared down at the prompt handed to her in her English 4 class in a daze trying to figure out what she wanted to write about. Her classmates spoke loudly amongst each other and threw balled up sheets of paper at other people from across the room, they laughed obnoxiously loud while the loud and wanted to be seen girls popped their gum and sat with their legs open in their miniskirts gossiping while the teacher, Ms.Paris, had stepped out of the room to take a break from what she called her hood-rat students. Smack dab in the center of section 8, teens from around the way made the stereotypes seem true with the unnecessary sagging and young hoochie mamas in the making swaying their hips purposely for attention as they walked to and fro around the classroom aimlessly.

Pencils tapped against the table making weak beats as the wannabe rappers got ready to spit a offbeat verse, making the easily impressed girls weak at the knees as they nearly gravitated towards their direction. The class smelled like loud due to the corner boys weighing out their product in the back of the class, and the school thots bantered with one another over sucking the same dick claiming a nigga that clearly did not claim them. Embarrassing.

To Majesty it seemed that when it came to school, she was the only one who cared to finish strong and hopefully leave the projects for the betterment of herself and those closest to her. Where she came from, teens didn't make it far due to the way they were raised and due to the fact that when it came to school, the bar was so low they could just reach up and grab it so as a result no one ever tried which is why they left as dumb and uneducated as their birth giver and sperm donor. While others hated school she found school to be an escape, an escape from being in her community where she could possibly die or be raped and a escape from the daily struggle of being a black woman day to day.

Majesty stared at the prompt and sighed feeling slightly defeated until she reread the words spelled out on the little piece of paper that states; "what was it like growing up you?" An idea came to mind and like the educated writer she was, words began to flow effortlessly onto the piece of loose leaf paper writing until the lead snapped.