Shannon excused herself to the bathroom to get changed, while I got changed into a plain pair of flannel pajamas. I was tucked tightly under the duvet that I arranged on the sofa, when she emerged from the conjoined bathroom.

Wow, she looked absolutely amazing.

Her hair was flowing loosely over her shoulders which were covered by a burgundy, silk kimono.

"Wow, that kimono looks fantastic!" I complimented before even realising it.

A slight blush formed on Shannon's neck as she whispered, "Thank you, Lindsay."

"Goodnight, Shannon," I mumbled, rolling to face the wall.

"Goodnight, Linds," she whispered back, making me smile.

That was the first time she called me that.

~~~

"How are you feeling?" Alex asked as we sat next to the lake in our bikinis.

"About as good as anyone can expect. Gio and I were together for so long, it's going to take some adjusting, but I'll be okay," I murmured, smiling softly at Alex, who mirrored my smile.

"You'll be perfectly fine, Linds. You've got me, your Mom, and even Shannon," Alex smirked, "speaking of Shannon..."

Alex glanced over her shoulder, my eyes following her direction. Down the pier came both Shannon and Mom, dressed in their swimwear.

I thought Shannon looked good in a kimono, well, she looks absolutely stunning in a strappy two-piece.

My eyes were drawn to her fantastic figure, filling her clothing nicely in all the right places. The sapphire blue of the swimsuit complimented her skin tone perfectly, improving her appearance even more, if possible. Blue, my favourite colour.

Alex nudged me and mumbled with a smirk, "keep checking her out like that and she'll catch you."

I stumbled over my words, trying to explain myself, but we were interrupted my Shannon and Mom's arrival.

"Hey, beautiful," Alex flirted, kissing my Mom on the cheek and pulling her into her lap.

"Hi, Shannon," Alex continued, "Lindsay was just mentioning how stunning you look in that bikini."

Shooting daggers at Alex, all that was returned was a huge ass smirk. Bitch.

Looking at Shannon, she had raised her eyebrows and had the same blush creeping up her neck as last night.

"I-I didn't... I mean..." I mumbled, then took a deep breath, "you look amazing, Shannon."

"Thank you, Lindsay."

An awkward silence started to settle before Alex yelled, "truth or dare, Lindsay?!"

"What are we, thirteen?" I laughed.

"Truth or dare?" Alex growled.

"Dare," I whimpered, looking down. Alex can be scary when she wants to be.

"I dare you to jump off the pier!"

I just scoffed, "why would I do that? I have nothing to gain."

"Oh, come on, Lindsay. Don't be chicken!" Shannon laughed.

"Like you would do it!" I accused.

Shannon suddenly stood up, ran towards the pier's edge and launched herself as a cannonball into the water below. To say I was impressed would be an understatement.

Shannon's head popped up out of the water, "you coming?"

Oh, you're on.

I gave myself a large run-up, leaping into the water, doing a somersault as I flew through the air. I definitely won.

Popping up for air, Shannon was wiping the water from her face.

"That was pretty impressive," she complimented.

"I know. I'm always impressive," I winked, as we laughed together in the water.

I could do this all day.

~~~

*Alex's POV*

"How did you convince her to go with the blue one?" I asked Jess, cuddling with her on the pier.

"I just mentioned how amazing she'd look. Simple," she replied, "do you think they've caught on yet?"

"I know Lindsay hasn't. I mean, there was a close call when I messaged to convince you to let Shannon move in, but she let that go pretty fast."

"Good. They aren't quite there yet, it'd be awkward if they found out before hand. Shannon doesn't seem suspicious, but I've noticed the looks, from both of them."

I laughed, "did you see Lindsay a moment ago? The blue was the perfect touch, she was drooling!"

"Oh, I could tell! And Shannon was absolutely enjoying the attention," Jess mentioned.

"We should go easy, though. Lindsay and Gio were dating for a long time, and India, well Shannon's still grieving."

Jess nodded, "I agree. They both deserve to be happy. We see it, maybe they'll see it too."

"I forgot how fun captaining a ship was!" I laughed.

"So did I! Let me guess, you have already come up with a ship name?" Jess giggled.

"Maybe...." I whispered, rubbing my neck, "how do you feel about 'Linnon'?"

"Captain's of ship Linnon sounds pretty perfect to me," Jess smiles, looking at both Shannon and Lindsay flicking water at each other. 

"It sounds pretty good to me too," I whispered, smiling at the look of joy on my best friend's face.

It's her turn to be happy.

Thanks for reading!

Vote, comment, continue reading!

Stay safe xx

- T.J Starc