Chapter 10- The Ball: Pt. 2

Avni's POV

Avni's POV

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I would like to welcome all of you to the "Ball Party" that we are having this evening, as I know that you have come to the ball for the purpose of getting to know one another and maybe making a few new friends or maybe special friends, who knows?", the crowd laughed at his words. 

"Let me get straight to the point, this is not just a ball, it is a ball that has been happening yearly since the beginning of time, where everyone that is invited, gets together and has a good time, where we dance, we eat, we laugh, we play, we make jokes, we sing, and we cry, for what, we are not quite sure..."

"But before starting the ball dance for which all of you're dying I'm sure, let me take a moment and introduce a very important guest that has joined us for the evening. Mr Neil Khanna, the founder of NK Empire, " My eyes widened at his words." the leading business in entire Asia. As some of you probably know, Mr Khanna is an entrepreneur, a philanthropist, but along with being a successful person, he's also a kind man who graced us with his presence on such short notice. I'm genuinely grateful to him."

And things started threading together, that's the reason he got ready to come here in a second. That man surely is too smart for his own good.

Lights centred on Mr Khanna who as always had an impassive look on his face. He walked gracefully towards the podium. He then said in his clear voice, "It's a pleasure to be here tonight Mr Harold." He shook his hand with Mr Harold's and stepped down the stage.

Typical Mr Khanna. I rolled my eyes at his cold behaviour. 

Mr Harold clapped his hands and announced the start of the ball dance. The room buzzed with excitement as the guests went to the dance floor. Men and women alike were all in their best clothes, all ready to dance. In an instant, the ballroom was filled with the lively sounds of chatter, laughter, and loud music. My heart started racing as I looked at all the pretty couples on the dance floor. Ivan held his hand out for me to take which I gladly did. I was happy, for once I was not alone.

 He gently squeezed my hand before he made us walk to the dance floor. We started to dance. He looked into my eyes and smiled. I smiled back. "Let me know if at any point you get uncomfortable, yeah?" My heart swelled listening to his words but at the same time, I felt guilty. He must have seen the uneasy look in my eyes that's why he said those words.

"No No Ivan, it's not like that. I'm just worried I don't step on your feet." Ivan laughed at my words.

"Don't worry Avni.", he swirled me since it was the time to change partners.

"I hope that bastard didn't bore you with his cheesy jokes.", I smirked, finally I would get the chance to solve the puzzle of blushing Liza.

"Reece what did you do to Liza?" He looked confused by my words but as if soon realization dawned upon him, he looked everywhere but me.

"What are we talking about again?"