Chapter 9- The Ball: Pt. 1

"Mr Khanna you need to stop being so confusing with your words

"Mr Khanna you need to stop being so confusing with your words.", Facing him, I rolled my eyes. Always being a weird man. His hand went up from my waist to my back, tracing the laces of the dress ever so lightly.

He pulled me closer, his masculine cologne hitting me like a fresh wave of air."Wouldn't want to explain my words before our wedding now would I?", he smirked and it was not his usual smirk. It was a devilish notorious and playful smirk.

Devil's son!

"You butth-", before I could curse him, I heard a voice and guilt overwhelmed my senses.

"Sir, we have done the required arrangements for your departure but before that, you should talk to Mr Nicolas.", his bodyguard's voice was as cold as ever. My heart ached thinking about the pain he went through because of me and Arlan who was my father, thanks to my amazing fate. Mr Khanna walked to him and giving me a soft look, he made his way out of the door.

James turned on his heels ready to follow him but I stopped him. My guilt overpowered my senses. I know how it feels to lose someone you love." James.", I called out and his feet visibly froze.

He turned to me. His eyes were perfectly masked behind the black shades that both the twins wore. "I-I'm sorry James. That night... because of Arlan you lost Charles and I know my sorry would never bring him back but I promise", my eyes leaked, how pathetic I am, always destroying everyone's peace."I promise I'll not let his sacrifice go in vain. He'll get his justice."

He didn't say anything, just stared at me. His face didn't give any glimpses of what he was thinking. I sighed, wish I could just go back to that night and turn everything back to how they were. I never knew I'd get so attached to the bodyguards who scared me the most at the start.

"Miss Mehta, Come on we need to go.", Mr Khanna's voice boomed from the living room." I'm sorry James.", I mumbled to him and headed to the door.

"You're right for him.", James whispered stopping me dead in my track but before I could react he had disappeared.

I was right for him?

Did he mean I was right for Mr Khanna?

A huge weight lifted off my shoulders thinking he doesn't blame me for his twin's death.

"Miss Mehta.", Mr Khanna snapped me out of my thoughts. His eyebrows furrowed in suspicion and worry. I gave him a small smile and creased out his eyebrows erasing those frowning lines off his forehead. "Let's go.", I took his hand in mine and we walked to the living room together.

Reece and Ivan were already standing there absolutely ready to go and I saw Liza coming out of her room, looking as gorgeous as ever but what caught my eyes were a certain pair of eyes. Reece's eyes to be specific who had a soft smile on his face, his face hooked to Liza who was muttering curses adjusting her messy bun. Her blue hairs were back in their natural black colour, apparantly ,Reece used a temporary dye to give her a heart attack.