Chapter 2- The Three Devils

Avni's POV

Avni's POV

"Ari my baby.", Mrs Emma gushed and took me in a bear hug. Warmth flooded my heart seeing her affection for me. She was an enchanting lady in her late 70s who possessed warm hazel eyes that always radiated positivity and liveliness. . Her hair was a deep shade of Mahagony.

Mr Brown rolled his eyes seeing his wife getting all excited.

"Slow down woman or you'll crack your bones.", he belted, his eyes glued to some bills.

"Shut up old man I'm as young as a morn.", Mrs Emma retorted.

"Ah! Young love.", I exclaimed and Mrs Emma and Mr Brown cleared their throats in embarrassment. It has always been like this, the two never skip a chance to pull each other's leg.

"Ignore this old man.", Mrs Emma pulled me towards a chair and seated herself right beside me." You tell me why don't you come home? "

"I just came two days ago.", I chuckled making her frown.

"Well no excuses young lady, we have to go shopping so come around today."

I swear the lady and her obsession with shopping, always makes me remind of Naina di. Mrs Emma is the craziest woman I'd ever met in my life of her age. Mr Brown always faces tough times to handle her and that's to put it in the least subtle way. I've been here for almost 3 weeks and already I've witnessed her craziness quite a few times.

"Did I hear another wallet robbery?", Mr Brown exclaimed and that's when I realized, he had been standing here for quite a time now.

"Excuse me.", Mrs Brown flicked Mr Brown's nose standing up to her full height.

"Mr Khanna you're becoming really cheesy lately.", I pinched his nose making him throw an all familiar icy glare at me.

"Miss Mehta stop this right now."

"Or what?"

"Trust me you don't want to know that."

"Arielle, honey?", a voice snapped me out of my trance." You okay?", Mrs Emma wiped a tear under my eye. I looked at my other side to see Mr Brown's eyes filling with concern and suspicion.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine Mrs Brown. I just need some fresh air.", I quickly walked past them out of the library. Sighing I pulled my communication device just to see it ringing, must have put it on silent.

Sheer horror grasped me when I looked at the caller id. It was him. The man behind my misery and Mr Khanna's pain. The man whose blood is running in my veins. The man who had been practically enforcing me to take the worst steps.

"Hello."

"Hi sweetheart, how's New York?"

"Forget the pleasantries, tell me what do you want now? I did whatever you said.", I hissed at him."I changed my identity, left the country, now what?"