Chapter 8- I'm a lucky bastard!

"hahaha, I'm so f*cking proud of you Avni

"hahaha, I'm so f*cking proud of you Avni.", Liza laughed making me feel more guilty than I already was.

Didn't get why?

Let me recap.

"Mr Khanna, you don't have to be so insecure. I've what do you say, ha I have amorous affection only towards you and it'll stay the same forever.", I kissed his knuckles softly and I watched him getting stiffen. He's so cute my stars. What did I do to deserve this man?

The slightest of emotions in his eyes vanished and got displaced by the same look that I've been longing to see for days."Who do you think is insecure here, pray tell?"

I rolled my eyes at him and a mischievous idea sparked my brain." So you won't mind if Mr Brown keeps on giving me his power hugs, would you?"

His eyes flashed with rage and his grip on my waist tightened," You are doing this deliberately, aren't you?", he narrowed his brown eyes at me and my smirk widened.

"What? What am I doing deliberately?", I gave him the most innocent look I could muster.

"You are incorrigible, Miss Mehta.", he grumbled, his cold eyes threatening to kill anyone who would come in front of him at this moment. I chuckled shaking my head and leaned towards his ear. His hand encircled my waist completely stabilizing me in my place.

"Gee thanks. Confess that you are jealous.", my lips slightly touched Mr Khanna's ears and I was surprised, they were tinted red and when I say red, I mean blood red.

"Why would I admit something I don't feel.", he gave me a pointed look making my smirk falter. This man is more stubborn than I think he is.

"Fine. Stay in denial. Stubborn son of bachelor.", and with the last curse, I stormed off the room leaving him in his little bubble of denial.

This man is so obstinate, my stars.

"Avni.", Liza yelled and took me in an urgent hug. I awkwardly patted her shoulder in confusion. Why the sudden affection?

"I got to know how you punched these two dumb arses in their guts. That was such a bad*ss move. "I looked over her shoulder to see the flushed faces of Reece and Ivan. Oh, stars! That's why I had the feeling that I've heard those voices.

"um, I'm sorry guys.", I apologized sincerely to which they just waved me off, awkwardly may I add. Liza on the other hand had other thoughts.

She admired me wholeheartedly. "hahaha, I'm so f*cking proud of you Avni.", She laughed making me feel more guilty than I already was. Why does this woman enjoy these two poor souls' miseries?

"I recollect it's me who owes a proper apology foremost.", I heard a certain voice and I cursed myself again. Nicolas was standing behind me, he had an ice pack in his hand. Damn! Did I hurt that much? "It was me who was attacked by that bloody pepper spray."