Letting you go? Never!

First of all, thank you very much for choosing my book to read

First of all, thank you very much for choosing my book to read. I'm really glad that you gave my book a chance.

But before you start reading, remember this book is a sequel to I WISH WE'D NEVER MET AGAIN. You need to read the first book because this ain't a stand alone.

Prologue

Dear Diary

It's been twenty days. Twenty days of this continuous torture. Twenty days of not being able to see his brown cold eyes. Twenty days of not seeing the rare sight of him smiling. Twenty days of not being able to feel his lips on my forehead and twenty days of not being able to call someone... Mr Khanna.

I've lost everything, my maa, my family and Mr Khanna, even my identity.

-Avni

"And where's my favourite kid?", Mr Brown's voice echoed in the big library. I quickly closed my diary and turned to him with a small smile. He was a man in his early 70s. Soft grey eyes and jolly sweet personality. He had the fatherly kind of securing aura and that made me chuckle at my fate. On one side I have a man in name of my father who wants nothing but my suffering and on the other side stands Mr Brown who doesn't know me, still treats me as if he had known me since birth.

"Areille my child, how have you been this morning?", he smiled down at me making the sides of his eyes crinkle. Areille means a tigress. His tigress.

"I've been good. How are you, Mr Brown.", I asked sliding the small carton of the books that arrived today in the morning. He came to my help within an instant." How many times have I told you not to call me Mr Brown, it makes me feel old.", he rolled his grey eyes at me making me laugh.

"So allow me to rephrase. How have you been Uncle Brown.", I laughed making him scowl at me.

"Ya Ya tease all you can. What can an old man do besides glowering."

"Who said you're old?", I gasped dramatically and this made his eyes crinkle again." By the way, Emma was asking for you?"

Emma was Mr Brown's wife. I can't ever get enough of saying that she was the kindest woman I'd ever known. She treated me just like a daughter even when I was not of their origin. I never thought I'd get such kind of people in NYC. She had hazel eyes which made her personality simpler.

"I met her three days back only Uncle.", I shook my head lightly sliding the diary into my bag.

"I don't know anything just talk to her. The woman has eaten my ears off ranting about how I get to meet you every day and not her."

"I will."

"Alright. Now move your feet and go to the Starbucks down the lane, I know you didn't have a good sleep and I don't want to see a tired young kid early morning."

"Thanks for pointing out Uncle Brown."

'I love how Uncle Brown puts you in place.'

"Anytime, now off you go.", he pushed me out of the library gently with a wave.

I sighed and started walking. Once again my mind wandered off to him. How I wish today I could be in his embrace.

My mobile phone rang and a shaky breath left me.

"Hello, Avni."

"How's he?"

"Listen by yourself."

There was silence for a moment and then I heard a low grumble." You're dismissed. Out of my way, now."

A tear and a chuckle escaped me. That's my man.

'Was.'

My heart clenched with pain. That was my man.

"It's 10:30 of the evening here and still he is glaring at the poor employees.", I could hear her taking a deep breath, her voice held a weakness. "He has turned it off. The slightest of emotions that flashed on his face are long gone. He has turned more secretive, colder and more calculative, I won't be surprised if he started counting nanoseconds in the near future.", she completed with a small laugh.

I let out a small laugh, tears threatening to escape me."I'm sorry Liza."

"We'll find another solution. Come back Avni."

Again the same statement. My chest tightened with sheer pain. What does she think, ain't I dying to run into his arms? Ain't I shattering every time I think about him?

"You know I can't. I need to be here."

"He's hurt.", she whispered and an excruciating pain shot in my chest. Because of me. All because of me.

He did so much for me and what I gave in return, hurt and pain.

I don't deserve him.

I don't.

But I want him.

***

And ladies and gentlemen the prologue of the sequel is here. Believe me, it won't be a cliché. Trust me and trust Mr Khanna *winks*

I hope you're as excited as I am to witness their journey. Make sure you vote, comment and tag your friends. Also, follow me in order to stay updated on every news of The Never Series.

Love love

Aapki seva mein sadev tatpar