Chapter 6- "Is he for real?"

I was back at my place and by my place, I meant the apartment of Liza's friend

I was back at my place and by my place, I meant the apartment of Liza's friend. I expected Mr Khanna to throw a fit when I announced my departure but to my utmost surprise, he didn't even come out of his room after our conversation. 

"You came into my life unexpectedly, Miss Mehta and now I want you permanently." How can someone make you feel all giddy and crap just by a few words? That's Mr Khanna for you. I chuckled looking at the ring in my hand. Cheesy bastard!

But before I could breathe a sigh of content, my mobile which is the most dreading gadget I know rang. It was him again.

"Hello, sweetheart.", is there any way to kill someone right through a screen?" A little birdie told me you met Khanna today.", his voice was so calm that an instant fear crawled my senses. Does he have people watching me? "You forgot what I can do, didn't you?"

"Even if I did, I have you to remind me of what kind of curse I have in the name of a father, don't I?", I scoffed in disdain.

"The love I feel.", he laughed. "Now jokes apart, sweetheart.", his voice turned absolutely lethal. "I'm done listening to your to be husband's complaints."

"Nonsense.", I mocked him. Dwyane is still in a coma and Liza reconfirmed this yesterday only.

"Now now why would I joke with you dear daughter? He's very angry with you sweetheart and now I think it's time for you to handle your husband or better I should let him control his property."

A blinding fury took over me. I'm not a f*cking property. I'm my own goddamn person but I chose to stay silent. I won't take any impulsive actions.

"You know he's really curious to meet you... Desperate bastard.", he chuckled."Ah! What if Khanna sees you with him, what a scene would that be don't you think?", my heart dropped in the pit of my stomach. What the f*ck is going in that evil mind of his.

"Stop lying, Dwayne is in a coma and I know that, so for heaven's sake stop playing games.", I shouted at him.

He laughed so loud I could swear on the fact that if he had continued for another second, my ears would actually start bleeding.

"You got a nice humour I must say that.", he continued snickering making me confuse more. Did I just crack a f*cking joke?"You know what? Actually, I'm glad that Khanna came here. It's been a long since I saw drama. Life sucks in a prison."

'Can I just murder him please?"

'Let me get my hands on him and I'll do that.'

'No, I will.'

'Dumbo you and I are one.'

'Right! Unfortunate me.'

"Sweetheart don't plot my murder. I'm not planning on seeing you anytime soon so keep your murderous ideas aside and pray that your husband doesn't get mad anymore.", he ended the call and I closed my eyes in aggravation. The first thing I did was make a call to Liza. With the first ring she was on the call, the girl has got my back I swear.