Vol. Three Ch. Six: Scorched Earth

Start from the beginning

"How many more hits do you have to take before getting knocked out!?"

"Enough for your knuckles to turn into fucking dust..."

The rookie Grunt would growl out as he went to go swing again yet, I quickly bobbed my head to the left as I made my plan finally go into effect. You see, I think this was Haytham's plan in a way. For the blood from my finger to coat the cuff on my left and coagulate slightly to form a more gelatinous by-product. Slipping my hand out the cuff, I grabbed his hand and twisted it as a nasty snap rang out with a yell of pure agony came from him. The other Grunt would panic heavily as he fumbled for his service pistol. Bending the asshole's hand more as he tried to back away, a bone suddenly snapped out from the skin with more yells as a by-product of the sudden appearance of bone. Now I had a makeshift knife that I promptly used to stab the fucker in his own throat as he began to choke on his own blood.

The other Grunt finally got his pistol out as I dragged his buddy in front of me more to use as a human shield as he unloaded a magazine's worth of P2016 rounds. If his buddy's ghost is watching? He must be offended. As I heard a click rang out, I saw the Grunt panic and go to reload as I found his buddy's service pistol. Grabbing that out, I gave a single shot to the skull as the Grunt's head cocked back as he fell onto his knees before falling forward with a thud. In that moment? An alarm now began to blare out as I rolled my eyes with a sigh. Keeping the dead prick on me knowing what's to come next, I would slip the P2016 underneath myself and examine the chains. Although expertly bound, Haytham's work I bet, I noticed a weakpoint-

"Freeze!"

Slipping the P2016 under the meatshield'd arm, I popped blindly into the doorway yet, I know the bullets hit their mark given the heavy sack of potatoes thud right after. Focusing on the chain yet again, I shot one, twice and thrice as the chain suddenly went limp in my hands. Although, more footsteps in the hallway outside. Thinking quickly, I pulled a grenade pin off the meatshield's pouch and kicked him forward as I dropped to the ground with my arms over my head. A small explosion rang out with cries outside that went on even afterwards to show they were still alive...Not for long. Getting up, I poked my head out into the hallway to see it was pleasantly red with several downed but not out Grunts.

"Huh. Christmas came early, boets!"

With my South African accent slipping out, I whistled as I walked up to them to pick up a still intact Hemlok burst rifle. Flicking it to single, I scavenged some two spare mags off the bleeding out Grunt it belonged to before leaving them to bleed. I wasn't about to waste good ammo on them. Especially with all the carnage I have planned...

Kicking a door, I would pop off a set of rounds into a Grunt who was washing his hands in a sink. It was a bathroom. Sort of feel bad for the janitor for what I'm about to do. Rapid-fire single round firing would hail out from me towards the stalls as I heard numerous yells of Grunts that were in them. Probably trying to get the drop on me not knowing who the fuck they were dealing with at the moment. A very pissed and VERY hungry Pilot who isn't afraid of dying due to having lost everything thanks to the same pricks I'm currently dropping.

Whipping myself around, I ducked quickly under a rifle butt as I jammed the barrel into the stomach of a Grunt. Pulling the trigger once before sliding the barrel downward to their leg, I pulled the trigger again for twice. For thrice? There was no thrice as I wrapped the kneed the fucker in the face so hard that his helmet shattered. At this point, a knee to the face should be assumed an accompanying snap is heard too.

I now heard more activity in the hallway as I burst into a sprint towards the door before tackling it off its hinges as I heard a yell. Something, or someone, cushioned the landing a bit as I landed on my side to face three Grunts. One. Two. Three. Watching them drop, I turned my gun back onto the door with the burst action being flicked on. A pleasant little PRRT rang out as I saw blood appear to the sides of the door. No A.D.A.P T gauntlet, helmet, not even my jump-kit and I'm kicking ass...Maybe a bit too much...