Chapter Eight: Hunting for relics

I ran too far into the mine because I'm lost. I'd call for help but I'm too far underground to get a comm signal and I don't know if any more guards have been assigned to look after the Spacebridge. Even if I could call for them, they couldn't reach me. I'm in an area that's only half the size of any of the bots. I can see in the dark so that's not a problem but it doesn't help identify the way back. I knew I walked too far when I started seeing water.

But it didn't lead to a way out. Just to try my luck, I barked to see how far that would travel, and maybe someone would find me. I stayed where I was and continued to bark until I heard someone or something. With help of the cave and my great hearing, I heard Megatron call for me. I followed his voice while occasionally barking to see how close I was to him. After what felt like an eternity, I found Megatron in his holoform. He was looking for me. I ran over to him just wanting out of here. But when I got him because he was running too, he gave me a hug.

But, he's never given me a hug or anything close to a hug since I joined the team or since he tamed me. I just hugged him back. He gave me a few pets which was also something different I wasn't prepared for and he took me out of the cave. He apologized for yelling at me earlier understanding that I was only following orders. I was relieved to hear that. I instantly went to sleep for some rest once we arrived back on the Warship. It's been a long day.

But, when I woke up again, Megatron asked me to accompany him while we find the first relic at the location that Optimus gave us while he was here. Is it just me or is Megatron being kinder to me? I mean, he used to give me orders but lately, he's been asking and doesn't force me to do much as he did before. I won't ask. We arrived at the location to see some of the troops had already been digging for the relic. But they did unearth something almost as soon as we got there. Megatron told them to carefully bring it to him.

While they did that, Megatron took me from where I was standing and sat me on his right shoulder. This is new. I guess we have grown close enough for this next stage. Megatron opened the container the relic was in to reveal this disc-looking thing. Before I could ask, Optimus and Ratchet appeared behind us. But Megatron wasn't afraid to show them what we had found. Optimus revealed that it was called a Spark Extractor. Well, I think the name says it all. Instant kill when activated.

Megatron teased the fact that Optimus, or Orion Pax, led him to this device in the first place. Megatron called for a Groundbridge and let the troops fight the two Autobots. Megatron just walked away with me on his shoulder. He walked through the Groundbridge but Bumblebee had followed us and took the Spark Extractor! And Bumblebee yanked it out of Megatron's hand so hard that he leaned forward causing me to slip off.

But Megatron caught be me before I hit the floor. I was safely put down while Megatron attempted to get the Spark Extractor back. But Bumblebee drove off and managed to escape with it and the other Autobots. And all our troops were defeated. Megatron groaned in frustration. But he really voiced his frustration when we arrived back. 

"The spark extractor was in my grasp! I should have removed more than that scout's voice box when I had the chance!" Megatron said annoyed

"Master, please calm down. We'll get it back. And, besides, we still have more to collect," I said

"Indeed, (Y/N). We possess two more sets of coordinates which Orion decrypted before departing our ranks. Let us see what other long-lost treasures we might be reunited with."

Knockout and Breakdown were sent to collect the next relic. Although, when he brought it back, we had no idea what it was. It just looked fancy. Well, Megatron knew what it was because he shot at Knockout but the Relic protected him. It's a shield! And this event scared knockout enough to 'Leak some transmission Fluid'. I can imagine what that means in human terms. So, time to get the final relic on our list. Knockout and Breakdown went after that too.

I stayed with Megatron who said he had a few treats for me. He said it was a gift for all of my good work as Second in Command and all the progress I've made in my training. It was a purple collar with a Decepticon symbol. He said it had a deception signal in it that would help them find me should I get lost somewhere again. I was like a dog collar but for humans. I took it from him and put it on. I feel like a real Decepticon now I have a symbol of my own now. He also gave me... something. It just looked like an earpiece like the one I already have.

He explained that it was a mask that would help me breathe in space should we ever go there. Well, both of these will be really helpful. I put the earpiece on which I could activate with a simple push of a button. He gave me a pet before Soundwave came over pointing out that we hadn't heard from Knockout and Breakdown for a while. So, Megatron went to their location to see what was happening. All three came back with the relic. A hammer. I don't get why it's so special.

I asked and Megatron explained that it was the Forge of Solus Prime. So there are other Primes besides Optimus?  Well, I'd later learn there were. Optimus is the last of the Primes. But the Forge has the ability to make anything from raw material. That will be handy. So, Megatron tested it but it didn't seem to do anything. Megatron was just bashing it against a cube of Energon which was now flat. 

"It doesn't look like a fortress-maximus grade nucleon shock cannon," Knockout said

"It is as I suspected. Without the power of a Prime to activate it," Megatron put the Forge down, "the forge is merely another addition to our tool chest. One we must nonetheless keep as far as possible from the reach of a Prime."

"Now all we need to do is decode the last of the database and take the last few relics before the Autobots do," I said

"Correct, my pet. And I hope to get you out on the field to retrieve them for me."

"It would be an honor and a privilege, Lord Megatron."

He gave me a pet, put me on his shoulder, and left the room. Let's see what else we can find in the database.