Chapter Six: Orion pax

So, Megatron explained that he only brought Optimus here because he's actually useful to us. A long time ago, back on Cybertron, the Decepticons found a whole database that was encrypted with so much Autobot coding that no one could decipher it. But since Optimus, now Orion, doesn't remember the part where he became a Prime, he's back to what he used to be. He was an archivist back on Cybertron.

So he could easily decode the database as he's used to this kind of thing. So he will decode the database while we document everything he finds. But seeing the great Autobot leader as this almost innocent bot is strange. Orion is so different compared to the Optimus I've seen and heard of. When Orion finished getting his symbol changed, Megatron made an attempt to turn Orion to our side. 

"You had been a captive of the Autobots and locked in stasis for quite some time, Orion. Long enough for us to be in exodus on another world," Megatron explained

"Exodus? Why?" Orion asked

"Because the Warlord Ratchet's careless actions led to this."

Megatron showed him a picture of what Cybertron looks like now. Dark and destroyed.

Orion gasped, "Cybertron! I cannot believe Ratchet capable of such horrors."

"Yes. And to think the Doctor of Doom's mad quest for power continues. His marauders pursued us to this planet's orbit. We feel its species are not ready to behold us," Megatron said, "But we have resolved to protect this world from the same tragedy which was dealt to our own."

"Is this the species of this planet?" Orion asked pointing at me

"Sort of. (Y/N) here is different compared to the other humans. As you can see, she has the ears and tail of a creature called a fox. I tamed her to serve us and help protect the planet."

"I see. But I have one more question, Megatron. Why are we called Decepticons?"

"Another craven Autobot scare tactic. The name was meant to demonize us. Instead, we wear it as a badge of honor. For if speaking the truth is deception, then we are gladly guilty."

Orion only nodded.

"Now please, Orion. There will be plenty of time for catching up. You must rest," I said as Megatron started to walk away.

"Megatron! I will do my part to stop Ratchet's unspeakable crimes of aggression. This I vow, with all my Spark," Orion said

I think that plan worked. I took Orion somewhere to rest until Megatron gave him new orders. Orion thanked me for showing him where to go and gave my head a gentle rub. I'm not going to lie, that left nice. I almost asked for more when I decided to not bother him anymore. I left him to get some rest. As I walked around to find Megatron again, my stomach reminded me that I hadn't had anything to eat in almost a day.

Megatron had taken the chicken he offered me away when I told him the Dark Energon put me off my appetite for chicken. I never bother him for chicken because I normally get enough to last me a day and I'm not greedy. But I might have to bother him this once. I found him talking to Knockout about security for Orion since the Autobots might attempt a rescue mission.

But Megatron assured him that it won't be necessary as he believes Orion will work better if he doesn't feel confined or threatened. And it was no coincidence that his workspace was right next to the Energon Storage Vault which is under constant surveillance. But soon all the attention was on me when my stomach decided to growl and make my presents known. 

"Sorry. I didn't want to interrupt," I said covering my stomach to stop it from being so loud. 

"Do not apologize. What do you need?" Megatron asked.

"A chicken if you don't mind. I haven't eaten for a while now."

"Of course. Follow me."

I followed Megatron to another room. Almost the entire time, my stomach made noise at the thought of chicken. I was almost embarrassed to be around Megatron like this. 

"You must be very hungry," Megatron said

"I didn't have an appetite for anything because of the stench of the Dark Energon. Honestly, I don't know how you keep it inside of you," I said

"What does it smell like to you?" 

"Rotting corpses and anything dead. I've killed enough animals in my life to know that kind of smell."

Megatron when silent at the mention of me killing animals to survive. I didn't say anymore after that. Megatron took me to a room that was a little cold. But it was full of chickens! Nothing else but ready-cooked chickens! I took one from the pile and Megatron let the door close. We both went to the control room where I just started to tear into the chicken. Chicken will never stop being my favorite food. I glanced at Megatron who seemed to have a small smile on his face.

But it disappeared when he saw me look over. I think he has a soft spot for me if I'm being completely honest. We have known each other for a good few months now. But, as the next two months went by, he spent more quality time with me like an owner would with a pet. But also like friends. Yes, he would leave every now and again to check on Orion, tell people what to do, and all sorts of things but any free time he found, he spent it with me. But Orion has made very little progress on the database these last two months.

He spent most of the time catching up with things and getting used to his surroundings but he feels like he's a bit rusty with the codebreaking. He's probably thinking it's the many years he spent in status as Megatron explained to him. But he also spends most of his time asking questions about things he's confused about. Like a recent question was about Starscream. He had read about him but he never saw him around the Warship. Megatron only said that Starscream was dead.

He's not dead but I didn't ask why Megatron told Orion that. But things are now starting to get interesting regarding the Autobots. We were right about the Autobots attempting to rescue Orion. While Knockout and Breakdown were getting the power source back from the humans because the Autobots had stolen it, Arcee managed to get on board and tried to find Orion.

But Soundwave managed to get her off the ship before she found him. So we still have Orion for a while longer, I hope. Let's just get this Spacebridge completed now we have what we need. And I need to figure out a way to tell Megatron my new liking for pets like the one Orion gave me when he arrived. I liked it. But how to ask Megatron to do it? I'll find a way.