29 - BILL AND ARTHUR

DUBLIN, IRELAND - PRESENT DAY

Jack opened his eyes, and for a moment, he thought he must still be dreaming. Directly above him were glossy folds of cornflower blue fabric draped from head-to-foot across the ornately carved mahogany four-poster bed. Readjusting his position, he pulled the soft linen sheets up to his cheeks and reveled in the fresh scent of lavender clinging to them. He nuzzled the fluffy pillows beneath his head appreciatively before turning to his right, where he could see heavy drapes in the same shade of blue and pale-yellow print hanging from ceiling to floor.

I could get used to this.

He tossed the thick comforter back and sat up, stretching luxuriously before standing and walking to the windows. Pulling the curtains aside, he was astonished by the expanse of beautifully landscaped grounds before him.

A knock on the door startled him.

"Come in," he said, turning around. He noticed a blue plaid robe lying across the end of the bed and began pulling it on as Arthur entered the room.

"Glad to see you're up, Master Jack," the butler said as he sat a silver tray on the dresser across the room.

"I took the liberty of preparing a small breakfast," and he lifted a silver lid off of a white porcelain plate, revealing buttered toast, eggs, and bacon. "I hope you like them scrambled. I thought they were a safe bet, not knowing how you prefer them."

"That looks amazing, Arty! Thanks, I'm starving!" Jack walked to the small walnut table in front of the window where the butler was laying out the meal.

"I know you Americans' fancy coffee over tea, so I brewed a pot. There are cream and sugar and also some marmalade for your toast," he was turning a china cup right-side-up onto a small saucer as he spoke.

"You know, Master Jack, I've been thinking about our conversation last night and have some thoughts, if you don't mind me sharing?" he looked inquisitively at Jack.

"Of course, please do tell, Arty!"

"Well, it seems to me that, in order for us to explore what these visions you keep having are all about, we're going to need that telescope." He paused and looked at Jack, who was taking a sip of coffee.

"I guess that does make sense. Are you suggesting we make a hat trip back to Portland?" Jack put the cup down, picked up the silver fork next to the plate, and scooped up a bite of eggs.

"Well, we could do that, but I think that would put you at far too much risk, what with your uncle and aunt and their henchman, and who knows who else after you. "He was pacing the floor then stopped to look at Jack again.

"No, I think it would be best to see if we can get Bart and his dad to come here and bring the telescope with them. Do you think they would be willing to do that?" Arthur asked.

Jack almost jumped out of his seat. "Oh, man! That would be awesome! Are you serious?"

"Absolutely, if they are willing," Arthur paused, "I'm afraid they will have to travel the traditional way, however," he chuckled.

Jack put his index finger to the tip of his nose, deep in thought, "It might be best to contact Pop at the hobby shop instead of calling their cell phones," he said. "You never know who might be listening in."

"Good thinking. And probably best if I'm the one making contact. Let's keep you as incognito as possible, yes?"

"Definitely," Jack replied. "Can we do it now?" he asked anxiously. "Bart is going to love this place!"