16

"Look! That one looks just like your uncle Jisung."

"I'll beat your ass, Chenle."

The group were at the zoo, so far having a good time (aside from Chenle and Jisung bickering).

Chenle held Kara in his arms, enjoying how she was able to talk and made jokes with her. Kyungmi held Sunhi who was now a year old as it had been months when she was originally brought to her and Jeno. Sooyeon pushed Dea around in a stroller since Yejun wanted to be with Jisung. And last but not least, Kyungsan chose to walk, following really close to Nara as he was curious on the new person.

(if you have no clue as to who any of those are, i would definitely recommend reading the other soulmate stories and if not, pls don't be scared to dm me so i can explain the plot line <3)

"Jisung I would really prefer if you didn't curse while holding my kid." Renjun told the boy as he pouted for being compared to a giraffe by Chenle.

"He literally lives with you. I think the word ass isn't too bad compared to what you yell at us." Haechan said in Jisung's defense, earning a glare from Renjun.

"Look! That one looks just like your dad." Jisung said to Yejun as he pointed to meerkats.

"Okay I'm going to beat your ass." Renjun said in response and Jisung ran away.

"Oh no! I don't think you should be cursing around your kid!" Jisung replied teasingly as he ran around the group as Renjun chased him, making Kara and the other kids giggle.

"You guys are funny!" Kara told Chenle happily, laughing at the sight of Renjun finally catching Jisung but being out of breath and not doing anything.

As the group walked (loudly), Mark got closer to Nara, taking a hold of her hand.

"How you feeling?" He asked, hoping she was having a good time with his friends as he had seen her talking with the girls earlier.

"Amazing. Your friends are so nice." Nara said, smiling as she took in his beautiful features before observing the next animal.

From below, someone held on to Nara's pant leg, tugging on it a bit.

Startled, Nara stopped walking and saw Kyungsan right by her legs.

"Can you stop uncle Mark?" Kyungsan asked and she nodded, making Mark stop as well while the group continued on to observe the next animal in front of them. Nara lightly tugged on Mark's hand to do as Kyungsan asked.

"Come here." Kyungsan whispered, motioning them to go down to his height which the did, squatting all the way down to the toddler's height.

"Uncle Mark is my favorite uncle and because you're his soulmate, it makes you my favorite aunt!" Kyungsan happily exclaimed, his face bright and melted Nara's heart.

"Just make sure to not tell anyone." Kyungsan continued, holding a pinky out for Nara and Mark to intertwine their pinkies with.

"We wont." Mark whispered in return and took one of Kyungsan's pinkies, intertwining them while Nara did the same with the other.

"Okay uncle Mark, now I need to talk to her alone." Kyungsan said, motioning off Mark. All he did was pat the toddler's head before walking to the group who was once again bickering because Chenle compared one of them to animals.

"Please give my uncle Mark lots of love! He's very nice and deserves the best." Kyungsan said, his love for the man being extremely evident.

"Of course I'll treat him well. I really like your uncle Mark but don't tell him." Nara said, jokingly winking at Kyungsan which made him giggle.

"I wont tell! Now let's catch up with them!" Kyungsan said and Nara nodded, picking the toddler up to take them to the group before setting him back down.

Once Kara saw that her parents returned, she pat on Chenle's shoulder, asking to go down and Chenle did as she wanted.

Kara then ran over to her parents, giving a quick high five to Kyungsan before asking Mark to pick her up right after.

"You're really energetic right now." Mark said, noticing how she ran around the place and impatiently jumped to get into Mark's arms.

"I want to be with you guys!" She happily said and turned to Nara.

"Can you guys both give me a kiss on the cheek at the same time?" She asked and the two were a bit surprised at the question but agreed to it.

Right when the two were about to make contact with her cheek, she pulled her head back and almost caused the two to make lip to lip contact but Mark's fast reflexes stopped it from happening. The two were shocked at the apparent plan that Kara had in her mind.

"You weren't supposed to do that!" Kara complained as Nara stood there, still a bit shocked. The group were a bit confused but realized Kara was now scolding her parents and chose not to interfere, assuming it had to do something with their relationship.

"What do you mean?" Nara asked, embarrassment evident on her face as she had almost kissed Mark already.

"You guys were supposed to kiss!" Kara confessed, "It took me a long time to think of that and it didn't work."

Kara pouted and rested her head on Mark's shoulder, disappointed by the failure of her plan.

Nara felt a bit bad for her daughter and felt a slight pinch of disappointment as well, lowkey wishing that the plan did work but she didn't understand why and was making sure to remember to ask the girls later.

"How about this instead?" Mark suddenly asked and without even having a second to think, he kissed Nara's cheek, earning a few screams from his friends who stalked from afar.

"Stop being idiots! Y'all are blowing our cover." Jaemin scolded and motioned for the couple to continue, causing them to laugh.

"It's not what I wanted but it works for now I guess." Kara said, still sulking a bit which her parents sighed at but left it at that, knowing the two of them were still far too early into their relationship to make any further attempts at affection.

"Are you guys done?!" Haechan suddenly yelled at them which earned a few snacks form Jaemin but he refused to listen.

Mark nodded and motioned them to go over to them so they can continue their zoo adventure.

"Make some moves man." Was the first thing Mark heard from Jeno before he walked back to Kyungmi.

Mark kept those words in his thoughts, wondering if it was the right thing to do until he got snapped out of his thoughts by Nara who shook his shoulder and their friends who waited.

"You okay?" She asked and Mark nodded.

"Yeah. Let's go."

And with that, the entire group continued with their chaos and jokes, the two younger friends being a primary reason along with Haechan. Nara and Mark had an evident happiness and didn't want the moment to be ruined which thankfully, it wasn't and the group had a good time.

——————————————————————————
i feel like this chapter was so boring omg. let me know what you guys think of it !!

also i'm on break now so expect more updates! and i hope you guys are doing well.

please vote and comment as it inspires me to write :)

lots of love,
t <3