prologue

It was a bright day, a beautiful day to be exact when Mark entered his job.

"An amazing day, such a pretty day and I have to be here." Mark complained to his coworkers, shoving his backpack into one of the cubbies followed by his lunchbox.

"To make it even better, we're supposed to be getting a new coworker." One of them said and Mark sighed.

Mark was a cheerful guy but for some reason, on this particular day, he had a feeling. He was usually the type to be hyped and ready but for some reason, he felt nervous and hearing the news of a new coworker explained why.

"Dude, I totally forgot about that." Mark said and his coworkers laughed a bit.

"Let's just hope they understand the basics already and don't bother us with too many questions." Another one said.

As if on cue, a person walks through the door, a girl who none of the workers have seen before.

Her eyes scanned the room, realizing that everyone was staring at her and it definitely made her nervous but she managed to let out a few words.

"Hi, I'm So Nara and your new coworker. I hope we can all get along well." She said, her words audibly shaking but managed to get out.

Everyone bid her a formal hello before going back to preparing for their shifts except for one.

As Nara made her way to the cubby she was assigned, she felt a set of eyes watching her and she turned around, seeing a beyond attractive guy looking at her.

A small smile crept on her lips as she turned back around and put the last of her items away before gathering up her courage to walk over to the boy.

He was quick to notice and quickly turned away as well, acting nonchalant about the entire thing.

Nara tapped on his shoulder, making him turn around and act cool.

"I'm Nara." She said, holding her hand out for him to shake.

"Mark." He said with a slightly shy smile and shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you. Hopefully we can become friends." Nara said and Mark nodded before their manager walked into the room, assigning everyone to do their jobs.

"And Mark, start stocking the shelves. Nara, with me." He finally said before everyone dispersed to their duties.

Mark went off to stock the shelves with one of his coworkers, having casual conversation with him.

"What'd you think of the new girl?" His coworker asked and Mark shrugged as he grabbed items to put away.

"She's nice. Pretty and nice so far. Not that much judgement on her since she just—"

Out of nowhere, Mark stops his words as an excruciating pain came on the back of his neck and an overwhelming headache hit him.

Mark groaned in pain, his hand immediately grabbing the back of his neck and dropping the item which startled his coworker.

"Mark! You good?" He asked as he rushed to the boy's side, being ready to catch him if he all of a sudden fell.

However, the pain shortly ended and Mark was completely fine.

"Dude, what just happened?" Mark asked and his coworker became even more shocked at how completely fine Mark became.

"I have no clue." His coworker replied. "You good now?"

"Yeah." Mark replied and the two went back to stocking the shelves, failing to notice the new tattoo of a pair of angel wings on the back of Mark's neck.

Nara followed around her manager, listening to everything he said as he gave her a tour of the store.

"Okay so, that's all. Do you have any questions?" Her manager asked and Nara shook her head.

"No sir." Nara replied.

"Alright then. Have a good first da—"

Right when he was about to let Nara begin her shift, Nara felt an excruciating pain on the back of her neck along with a headache.

She dropped down to her knees as tears welled up in her eyes from the pain and her low pain tolerance.

"Nara!" Her manager shouted and attempted to pick her up but just like Mark, the pain quickly came to an end.

Nara opened her eyes and looked up at her manager, who was in shock.

"Are you okay?" He asked, helping her up and she nodded.

"I'm fine now and ready for my first day of work."

───── ⋆⋅♡ ⋅⋆ ─────
"New soulmates? Word." One of the people said, clapping his hands.

"Shut up and stop acting as if we haven't been assigning so many new ones." Another person said, earning a smack on the back of the head from one of the other people.

"AND ITS MARKIE MARK THIS TIME!!" Someone else shouted with excitement.

"I'm trusting them to have a good story."