07

Mark parked his car near the sidewalk, the driveway already having a car in the middle of it. With hesitance, Mark shut off the engine and unbuckled his seatbelt.

"Are you sure she's gonna like me?" Mark asked once again, still nervous to meet the mother of his soulmate whom he also barely met.

"I'm sure, Mark." Nara reassured, her hand clasping over Mark's unconsciously.

Mark's cheeks flushed red, shocked at the sudden skin contact. Nara didn't even realize what was wrong until her eyes caught a glimpse of her hand over his and when she heard Kara start to clap with happiness.

She immediately retreated her hand, her face gaining a pink hue and she cleared her throat, hoping to clear what she felt was an awkward atmosphere.

"We should get going. I need to pack my stuff." Nara squeaked out, making Mark agree.

With that, the two exited the car, Mark hastily going to get Kara out of her car seat with them.

Nara went up to the door, pulling out her keys to begin unlocking it only for the door to swing open and reveal an evidently excited mother,

"Nara! I was wondering when you were gonna get home!" Her mother exclaimed, pulling her daughter into a tight hug.

From behind, the mother saw Mark pulling Kara out of the car, holding her steady.

"And you must be Mark." The mother said, startling the soulmates.

"Mom, how do you know his name?" Nara asked, clearly in shock that her own mother knows her soulmate's name without ever even meeting him.

"I saw a note and it said it was to you but you know how nosy I am plus the paper was so pretty! I read it and it said his name on the paper, saying he was your soulmate." Her mom sheepishly said, hoping her daughter wouldn't get mad for once again reading her mail.

Nara, evidently now annoyed, could only roll her eyes a bit before calling Mark over to them.

Her mother was quick to catch sight of the child in his arms, an unsure and odd smile forming on her face.

"Who is that?" Her mother asked, clearly startled at the sight of the toddler girl.

"Her name is Kara and she's your new granddaughter." Nara told her mom, a large smile on her face at the sight of her soulmate and daughter together before belittling it once again from slight embarrassment. The soulmate effect was shocking as now, Nara had been unconsciously gushing over Mark and Kara.

"Kara?" Her mother asked, stepping in front of Mark who held the toddler.

Mark whispered to the child to wave, only for her to whine and turn away, once again trying to hide herself. The soulmates were slightly in shock at her behavior, both taking mental note to try and teach Kara to be a little nicer when they got back home.

"She's beautiful." Her mother shortly said before turning back to Nara.

"Mom, can we talk with you?" Nara finally asked and her mother nodded, stepping aside from the doorway, allowing the small family to enter and sit on the couch.

"How should we word this?" Mark asked, feeling a bit uneasy to talk about the new situation they were about to be in.

"Word what?" Nara's mother asked as she sat on the opposite couch from the three.

"Mom, Mark and I are soulmates." Nara started off, wanting to break it easy.

"I'm aware of that." Her mother responded with a chuckle.

"And since we're soulmates, we can't really spend time apart." Nara continued but her mother still could not catch on.

"Mom, his frien-"

"Our."

Mark cut Nara off, correcting her and letting her know that his friends could now be considered her friends as well. He didn't want her to feel excluded one bit. This made Nara smile slightly, feeling reassured with Mark.

"Our friends gave us advice since they have experience with soulmates and soulmate children and told us something." Nara said, consistently looking at her mother to see if she would catch on but it still seemed that she didn't.

"Nara, please just let me know what you're trying to say." Her mother finally let out, impatient with their stalling.

"Mom, I need to move out of here and move in with Mark." Nara finally spit out, slightly regretting it as she saw her mother freeze at the words.

"Move.. out?" Her mother asked, wanting to make sure that what she heard was correct to which the soulmates nodded.

"I came here to pack my stuff because I need to move in with him." Nara confirmed, feeling a hint of guilt as he saw his mother's mood drop.

"Do you... mind explaining a bit more? Like, what did your friends tell you?" Her mother asked, not believing that she now had to let her daughter go.

"If we weren't to live together, Kara would be a pain in the ass. According to our friends, their kids would give them hard times. The first night they slept apart, their baby would not stop screaming at the top of her lungs until both parents were together. Considering that Kara is a toddler, not only would she be crying but she would be yelling what she wanted and would definitely be more stubborn." Mark took over explaining, not wanting to put all the pressure on Nara.

"So, she has to move out?" Her mother asked one last time and Mark nodded in response.

Nara's mother sighed but eventually nodded slightly.

"I have some boxes in the closet. I'll go get them and start helping you pack your stuff." Her mother said with a sad smile.

Nara could sense the now dropped mood and went to hug her mother, a small tear dropping from her eye.

"I love you, mom." Nara whispered to her mother.

"I love you more." Her mother responded, holding her daughter tightly as she also felt a tear fall from her eye.

"Now let's get your stuff packed."

—————————————————————————
hello!!
how are you guys? i hope it's well!!

also how are you guys feeling about this story?
pls let me know what you think.

also please don't forget to vote and comment!!

lots of love,
t <3