"Yes, of course." Amber said and started searching for her phone. "I-I think I forgot it at home." She realised. "Mom told me to get it, like always, because I always forget it and now she needs us and I don't have it." Amber panicked and Mark reached for her arm, trying to give her some courage. But Amber started trembling at the idea of something happening to her mother. "I-I" she tried to speak but not words were coming out. She started taking sharp breaths. She knew what was happening. It wasn't the first time she had a panic attack. It had happened before, but she had never said anything. The panic attacks had started the first time her mother got into an accident. It had become better in time, but whenever Amber was stressed or upset, she knew that it was going to happen. She always dealt with it all alone, but this time Mark was with her. "I c-can't... I can't breathe..."

"Hey, hey." He whispered softly and reached for her cheeks, cupping her face between his palms. "I am right here. You are safe. I know that you're scared, but you're safe right here, okay?" He asked her and Amber kept her eyes on him as tears started falling down her eyes and she started sobbing. "Breathe with me. One...two..." Mark started counting slowly and Amber followed him and started taking small breaths. In and Out. "You're doing great." Mark encouraged her. 

"I am sorry." Amber managed to say when she had calmed down enough. "I'm so sorry." She repeated.

"You have nothing to be sorry for." Mark reassured her and Amber fell into his embrace and Mark held her tightly, giving her all the fatherly love she needed in the moment and Mark had plenty to give her. He had plenty for her and for his baby. 

"Thank you." Amber breathed out and she was thankful, that she had him as her step-father. She was more than thankful.

"Let's get back to your mother now, yeah?" Mark asked her and Amber nodded her head. "I am sorry you're going to miss that dude you like." He told her trying to light up the mood, even if he was more worried than ever before about the fate of both of them.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"This monitor's not picking up." Lucy had joined the doctors in the trauma room and she was trying to find a fetal heartbeat.

"Doppler's here." Webber informed her and they switched the machines so the ob doctor could get a better result.

"How are we doing with the heartbeat, Lucy?" Derek asked the doctor, feeling responsible for Natalie more than anyone else in the room.

"Systolic's down to 72."

"Get some heparin to flush the line."

The doctors in the room were working like crazy. Natalie had helped all of them somehow, in a case or a personal issue. She was the kind of person they wanted an advice from, even if they knew it'd come along with a sarcastic remark. 

"If I'm gonna find a heartbeat, I need everybody to shut up for a second." Lucy said, needing the doctors to be quiet for a second. 

"Everyone, quiet. Right now." Liam yelled as he tried to keep his breathing in control at the sight of his childhood friend in that condition. 

 "There it is." Lucy said a second later. "Fetal heartbeat."

But then the Natalie's monitor started beeping like crazy. "V-fib! She's crashing."

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

When Mark and Amber arrived at the hospital, they didn't need to do much searching. They didn't need to do anything. Because in the same moment they were walking towards the elevator, they saw Natalie in a gurney with many doctors around her, carrying her towards the elevator. 

Time slowed down at they saw he in the condition. Their bodies froze. Their breaths got caught in their throats. Natalie had been hurt before, but not like that. 

"What the hell happened?" Mark asked. 

"Car versus car." Owen replied to him. The doctors were all in a hurry to get Natalie in surgery.

"And her injuries? What ... the baby?"

"Mark, we need to get her to surgery. We'll send someone to inform you." Derek said calmly to his friend.

"No, screw you. I am coming-"

"Sloan, you need to sit this one out." Webber tried to reason with him. 

"I'm not sitting this one out. That's my wife!" Mark yelled, his veins around his neck were showing wish how much angry he was feeling. "That's my kid."

"Which is why you can't. I'm sorry. You can't be a doctor on this one." Webber told him.

"Screw you. Screw all of you." 

"Look at me, Mark." Derek spoke to him again. "There is a fetal heartbeat. There is. Now, we need you to step back and let the rest of us do what you can't rationally do... save your family's lives. Okay?"

And Mark stayed back and the elevator's doors were closed. Natalie disappeared from him eyesight. Mark looked at his side, knowing that he had to stay strong for Amber, because Natalie would want that. But Amber was not there anymore. Amber had runaway, not wanting to see her mother in that condition again.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

ɪ ᴀᴍ ʜᴏɴᴇꜱᴛʟʏ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ꜱᴏʀʀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴍᴇ ꜱᴏ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴏʟᴇ ᴘʟᴏᴛ ꜰɪɢᴜʀᴇᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ ɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ? ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴀꜱ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʟᴏɴɢᴇʀ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ᴛᴡᴏ ꜱᴍᴀʟʟ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀꜱ ꜱᴏ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇ ᴇᴀʀʟɪᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴅᴀʏꜱ.

ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴀʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ ᴏɴ ᴘᴀᴘᴇʀ, ɪ ᴀʟꜱᴏ ᴜꜱᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ɪ ʜᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴊᴀᴄᴋꜱᴏɴ'ꜱ ꜰɪᴄ, ᴛᴡᴏ ɢʜᴏꜱᴛꜱ, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ɪ ʜᴀᴅ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ɪɴꜱᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ.

ᴏᴋᴀʏ, ꜱᴏ ɪ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴛᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪᴛ. ʟᴏʟ

ꜱᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟʟ ꜱᴏᴏɴ <3