Natalie was always careful on the street, she was a careful woman, because she knew what accidents could do to you and the people you love. She knew first handed not just because she had treated these types of trauma before, but because her own daughter was part of an accident before. So she was careful. She did all those things that are supposed to be done. Like stopping at a red light. A red light, right? That's the most obvious thing to do. 

But not for the driver that crashed her car that evening. Red lights didn't apply to him. And that was how Natalie ended up at the hospital. Not as a doctor, but as a patient, for the third time. And this time she was not alone. There was a grown baby inside of her, trying to hold on to the world that it hadn't even met yet. Trying to hold on to the mother it had already learnt to trust and love.

"Nat, stay with me." Derek said to his best friend and they were carrying her in one of the trauma rooms. Natalie eyes were still open and she could feel all the pain and she could see the worried faces of her friends and colleagues all around her. "You got that Nat? You stay with me."

"Book an O.R. right now." Someone ordered.

"Set up a chest tube." Someone else yelled.

But everyone quieted down as Derek realised that there was one thing he had to do first before saving his best friend's and her baby's lives. He had to call Mark... he had to call Mark and tell him what happened. Tell him to drive right back before he'd lose both of them.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"It's gonna be a girl, I'm telling you." Amber was telling Mark at the car when his phone went off. Derek had stepped aside for a second to call Mark. He wanted to be the one to tell him. 

"Hold that thought." Mark told Amber and answered his phone when he saw that it was Derek. He made sure to put it on speaker. "Hey dude, I am driving, can I call you back in a few hours?" He asked his friend, thinking that he'd need him to complain about Meredith.

Derek wasn't even sure what to say to him. How could he say that Natalie was in danger? That his child was in danger? How could he tell him all that while he was driving? So he didn't... He chose the safest option, he didn't tell him how serious it was, not wanting to cause any accident. Derek chose his words carefully as he looked at Natalie outside of the window. "Mark, you need to get back. Natalie's in labor."

"What?" Mark exclaimed, not understanding what could have happen in few hours. Not understanding that his seven months pregnant wife was in labor. 

Derek opened his mouth to reply to him, but Amber's yelling stopped him. "Mark, watch out!" Amber yelled when she saw a car coming up to them in high speed.

"Mark? Mark?" Derek yelled over the phone. But the call had ended. "Are you fucking kidding me?" Derek cursed and tried to call Mark again but it went straight to voicemail. 

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Amber could only hear a loud horn for few seconds as Mark managed to avoid the running car. "Is he trying to kill us?" Mark yelled and made a stop on the side. "Are you okay?" He looked over at Amber who had a horrified look on her face, as images of her accident came at her. 

She took a deep breath and nodded her head. "Something happened to mom?" She asked as she had heard Derek's words. 

"Yeah, I-" Mark looked down at the petals where his phone had fallen onto. He reached for it and realised that it was broken. "Are you serious?" He exclaimed when he couldn't turn it back on again. "Can you call your mother?" He asked trying to stay calm.