My phone beeped and I checked my notifications. It was a message from Mona.

Mona:

Just tell me you're on your way.

Salma:

Yes, Rahim and I are on our way.

Mona:

Thank God. Call me when you get to the studio.

Salma:

Sure thing, Captain Mona.

Mona:

Whatever, I'm waiting.

I dropped my phone in my black shoulder bag and sank into the seat.

"Was it Mona?" I nodded, closing my eyes. "She said we should call once we get to the studio."

"Mona sure does love to repeat information, doesn't she?" Rahim giggled.

"I mean, you can just imagine how much this means to her. Bliss Magazine, as you know, can help boost her modelling career in more ways than one. We can even share in the fame," he replied, jerking my elbow. My eyes fluttered open as I turned my neck to face him.

"Yeah, Mona has read all editions of the magazine and she follows their trends like the Ten Commandments. She deserves it and I know she's going to knock their socks off!"

"That's the spirit," Rahim said, seeming proud of me. I smiled, looking ahead. We were a few buildings away from the studio and with the rate at which Hamza was easily weaving through traffic, we would be there before 10 a.m. And come on, we knew Ghana time. 10:30 a.m would translate to 11:00 a.m.

Soon, Hamza dropped us in front of NaaStudios. It was a large building close to the Achimota Mall. The outer walls were painted black and white with a large illuminated sign with "NaaStudios" engraved on it. The building looked aesthetically pleasing; something out of a magazine. But I guess that's what one would expect of a photo studio. Rahim and I entered through a large glass door and I took my phone out of my bag, dialing Mona's number. She picked up on the first ring, typical.

"Hello? Are you guys here?" she asked over the phone.

"Yeah, we're here at the front office," I answered, looking around the reception. There were a few benches and bean bags littered around the place. Rahim and I sat on one of the benches.

"I'll be there in a jiffy." And sure enough, we soon saw Mona looked drop dead gorgeous. Her eyes lighted up as soon as she saw us. She gave a shy smile walking towards us. She was in a green dress which fit loosely around her slim figure. Her block sandals added a few inches to her height, and whoever did her makeup needed a standing ovation.

I stood up to give her a hug and when I pulled back, she had a few tears running down her face, making me mortified. "Mona, don't cry. You look like a million bucks, and please don't waste the efforts of your MUA by crying." Mona punched me in the rubs, giggling. She dabbed at her face with a tissue in her hand.

"I'm sorry, but this is too much for me. This is like my first real project and it's just so... riveting!" She jumped with excitement, forcing some tears back.

"Well, you're gonna go in there and slay like you always do," I assured her. Rahim then stood up, enveloping us in a group hug. The smell of his cologne hit my nose like a whiff of fresh air.

"Mona, you look great. Why don't we go for lunch after the shoot? My treat." Mona pulled away from the hug, sniffling. She nodded.

"That would be nice. You guys can get whatever you want from that fridge by the third bench," she pointed at a tabletop fridge a few benches away from where Rahim and I were seated. We nodded, knowing we would not really need much.