Chapter Fourteen

Começar do início

She deserves the best, and I guess that's me according to all my friends.

When I had an hour until she arrived, I decided to get ready myself. I looked over my apartment once more before dashing to my bedroom. I grabbed my black chinos and a simple white button up shirt. I called her yesterday and asked her to coming over for dinner, so it's obviously going to be more casual, but I still want to look decent. To add something stupid, I wore some fuzzy socks to hopefully make her smile that smile I adore.

I looked at my reflection and took a deep breath, actually happy with how I look. I checked my phone and saw I had about 20 minutes left until she arrives, so I'll start on preparing some of the food since it takes a while. I went into my kitchen and got a pan and pot out, pulling the ingredients out of the fridge. I also put a simple black apron on and rolled my sleeves up, starting to cool for the girl that has my heart.

I had music softly playing out of a bluetooth speaker and I was just humming along, making sure I didn't burn anything. I accidentally almost cut my finger off as a knock echoed through my apartment. My eyes widened as I realized she's here. I set my knife down and quickly washed my hands as I was cutting raw chicken. I took a towel in my hands and dried them off as I went over to the door. I flung the towel over my left shoulder and turned the door knob, opening the door as a smile already made its way to my lips in anticipation of seeing her.

And there she was. That beautiful smile that always makes my stomach flip on display. Her eyes were bright and excitement was evident in them. Her hair had soft waves and a few strands of hair framed her face perfectly. She was wearing some light washed jeans with a simple black turtleneck. I also noticed that she was wearing heels because she was taller than usual.

After some time of just admiring her, I broke the silence that had taken over,

"Hey Rosie."

I woke up with my alarm blaring loudly next to me. I shot my eyes open and felt around for it, quickly turning it off and just staring up at the ceiling. I knew Somi would be coming over soon and that got me to lazily get out of bed. I still felt horrible, but not as horrible as before. I went to the bathroom and then just sat down on the couch, pulling up Netflix to watch something. I clicked on a random movie and just decided to have that as kind of a background noise as I reached for my laptop that was sitting on the coffee table. I opened up my editing software and then pulled up some photos I needed to have done by tomorrow.

But before I got too into editing, I reminded myself that I needed to take some more medicine. I went back to my bathroom and grabbed the small container out of the medicine cabinet. I took some and then grimaced at the awful taste that followed. I don't know why the hell they make adult medicine taste like shit, but I hate it. Part of me just wants to buy kid's medicine just because it tastes better. Then again, it would have less actual medicine in it.

I moseyed back over to the couch and this time got fully into my work. I had to adjust some lighting and then add some words for the advertisement itself. I was all smiles when I started to edit Ilona and Peter's pictures. They just look so good together and I swear to god if they don't get together, I'll lose my mind.

As I was zoned out staring at a photo because I didn't know what I should do to edit it, I heard Somi knocking on my door. That same old pattern she does echoing through my apartment. I rolled my eyes as now I'm going to have to deal with her telling me how she's better than me because she didn't get food poisoning. I walked over and opened the door,

"Hi." Rosie said with a smile as I just stood frozen like an idiot, completely blocking her from getting into my apartment. I just continued to stare at her in disbelief as she giggled lightly at my reaction, "may I come in?"