24. When They Died.....

Okay guys so if it is not obvious from the collage above this chapter is about Klaus and Elijah and their death Anniversary and obviously Hope is gonna be heartbroken today so keep that in mind while reading this. This chapter is gonna be painful to write and also I structured the next two chapters and both of them are birthday chapters so I am guessing you will like them plus in the next chapter they figure out the whole Kathrine thing and how she came back and I finally figured out the loophole so I hope you will like it.

March 1 2030

It was the day Hope dreaded most, after her mom's death of course. Today was the day Klaus and Elijah gave up their lives for Hope. Today was the day Hope was officially the orphan. Today was the day all her nightmares came true.

Hope and the twins were very different in this aspect, the twins never had a really good connection with their parents but Hope always had a special connection with her parents that no one could break.

Hope's biggest regret in life was not being able to spend more time with her dad and uncle Elijah before they gave up their life for Hope.

That was a gift that Hope could never repay, it was the thing that grounded her, the things that kept her feet on the ground.

Everyone has their demons and today was Hope's.

Lizzie remembered this day clearly in her mind, she remembered it because even before they were living together Hope used to have crazy night terrors on this day and night terrors are worse than Nightmares, so in the middle of the night Lizzie always used to make sure Hope was okay on this night especially.

Josie never really knew about this day because Hope was never very vocal about this day and in the past few years she was always sad about something or the other so it would not be a surprise to Josie if Hope herself forgot about it but Hope did not forget it.

Mg remembered it well and clear in his mind, he was never really in a relationship with Hope or anything but as a friend he always loved her and this day was hard on her.

Penelope did not really use to like Hope in the past but she was not the worst to her so Penelope remembered this day and she used to say her regards in the halls or in a class when she met Hope and maybe even a hug a few times.

Ethan barely had any idea about Hope's family more over knowing the death anniversary of her parents and no one could blame him, he was new to the squad and everyone knew that.

To Bonnie this was a pretty emotional day as well because they might have not been the best of friends but they still were there and that was more than what many people were in Bonnie's life. Bonnie was also one of the few people in the school who know Klaus and Elijah on a personal basis.

The twins had met Klaus and Elijah during Hope's first turn but they never had a real communication or anything to be honest, Alaric was very protective of the twins especially when it came to Klaus.

Everyone all though did not know Elijah and Klaus had a special relationship with Hope so they remembered this day clear and today they did not want to disturb her with all the Kathrine troubles so they decided to not remind her of that and give her any more stress than was already there.

In the morning, Hope woke up at about 11 and who could blame her, it would not surprise anyone if she did not sleep but she just did not want to wake up to today. 

Hope's head was pounding, she heart was aching, her whole body shaking and you could tell she wanted to cry so bad but she was holding it all in till she found her shoulder to cry on.

Lizzie guessed that Hope would wake up late so she had beignets and a chocolate milkshake ready. As soon as she heard some noises from Hope's bedroom Lizzie immediately grabbed the tray and head up to Hope's room trying not to startle her and Lizzie knew she hated having people around on this day.