Trip Down Memory Lane

Start from the beginning

          "I'm sorry," Vi sighed while turning her eyes to the ground. "That must--really suck not remembering anything."

          I chuckled as Whiskers picked her head up, looking back at us as my hands trembled lightly. So I tucked them quickly out of view behind my back, smiling as brightly as possible up at Vi.

          "But I remember the important stuff," I quickly said. "I remember you, Vi--and Powder, Vander... my mother."

          "What about Mylo and Claggor?"

          My vision flashed over and I grimaced, shaking my head lightly.

          "Vi, where have you been?"

          The image of a skinny boy with large, funky brown hair filled my head, and I cringed as another flash washed over.

          "Rumor is the Lanes are gonna fight."

          This voice belonged to a more filled-out boy with goggles--the same goggles that hung from the teddy bear back in Jinx's room.

         "I remember," I mumbled just before looking up at Vi and then chuckling. "Mylo was such a loudmouth."

          She laughed as she laid a hand on my shoulder while we continued to walk, the bridge just in sight of us now.

           "And you remember--how your mom treated you... right?" Vi asked gently. I frowned a little, about to ask what she meant when my Twitches answered for me.

          My head jerked to the side as the distant feeling of stinging spread across my cheek.

          "What happened to your nose?"

          "I--"

         My mother shoved little me down to the ground, and I felt a slap across my face. Holding my hand against the burning skin, I felt tears start to well up in my eyes.

        "Silent as a mouse," Mother hissed. "Or else Bane might catch one."

          I trembled slightly as I stopped, Vi quickly moving in front of me as my hand moved softly up to my cheek. Turning wide eyes up to Vi, I felt my chest heave a little.

          "She--abused me?" I whispered as Vi's lips pressed together and her hand cupped mine while her other pushed some stray hair out of the other side of my face.

          "I'm sorry," Vi mumbled as she pulled me into a hug. "I didn't know you forgot."

          "Mother," I whispered as I stepped forward a little. My mother looked over at me as if she heard me as she continued to walk out of the Last Drop, her yellow eyes going up and down my little frame before shaking her head with a small sneer and turning away without even faltering. Bane snarled in my direction, following after her.

          I grimaced before wrapping my arms around Vi, holding onto her as Caitlyn and Ekko stopped just a couple of feet away while looking back at us.

          "I'm sorry," Vi repeated as we pulled away and she cupped my face in her hands while lowering down to my height a little. "I'm so sorry, Y/n, I didn't mean to bring it up, especially right now--"

          I placed my hands over hers, smiling gently as the tears began rimming my odd-colored eyes.

          "I needed to remember," I whispered gently to cut her off. "I would've remembered at one point--but I'm glad I remember now. Thank you."

          Vi didn't seem to believe me, but I nodded a little more. And she finally began smiling, making my heart bunch up in my chest. Oh, dear God, what is this? A Twitch? I've never felt a Twitch like this.

          "Okay," Vi mumbled before prying herself away from me with a nod of her head, "okay."

          She stole a look back at the other two before dropping her gaze back down to me as I held my chest with furrowed brows.

          "You going to be okay?" Vi asked, noticing my bunched-up lips and scrunched nose as my eyes wandered into thought.

          "Huh?" I whispered, snapping my gaze back up at her before smiling brightly. "Oh--yeah, I'll be fine."

         I nodded at her, silently instructing her to go first. She paused for a moment, looking me up and down before turning and walking. As soon as she did Ekko and Caitlyn turned around as well, moving towards the bridge as I stayed in place for a second longer. My heartbeat was racing a hundred miles a second, my stomach fluttering a little. I couldn't help but smile, remembering just how close Vi and I were a second ago. And then I snapped back to, frowning again as I trudged after them. I don't like this new Twitch--I couldn't understand it.