Cooking and Questions

They had decided to go to Link's house in Hateno village for a break before continuing rebuilding Hyrule.

"So... this is... your house?" Zelda asked, surprised that the knight had such a quaint and cozy house.

This was what she liked about Link.

He had a sweet side, even if he didn't show it much.

"I'll make dinner, you can... well, do whatever you want." said Link.

"I wanna help! And talk to you!" Zelda said excitedly.

"Alright... well, what do you wanna talk about?" Link asked.

"I wanna ask you questions." said Zelda.

"Alright, ask away I guess." Link said, grabbing some ingredients to make them a hearty and delicious dinner.

"Well... what are you afraid of?" Zelda asked.

Link blushed.

A lot.

"This is going to sound so stupid. But... well, my first fear is Ghirahim popping up behind me and doing his weird tongue thing." said Link.

"Who's 'Ghirahim?'" Zelda asked.

"Ancient sword spirit. He hunted down the first hero and did many fights against him." said Link.

"Alright. Continue."

"Second fear is Urbosa randomly snapping and frying me with lighting." Link said, looking down.

"I mean, it's a very rational fear."

"And lastly, having to hunt for Prince Sidon again." said Link.

Zelda burst out laughing.

"WHY!?" She asked.

"You see, to save Vah Ruta I had to chase Sidon to the Zora's Domain for some reason." said Link.

"Heh."

"Well, what are your fears?" Link asked Zelda.

"Pretty much Calamity Ganon. That's mainly it." She said.

"It makes sense. You DID have to hold him off for 100 years. And... I'm very thankful for that." Link said.

"Wha- oh, um... thank you, Link."

They both stood there in awkward silence.

One of them had to break the tension somehow.

"I need to say something..." Zelda thought to herself. "I must tell him eventually."

She was about to say what her innermost desires wanted her to, but Link interrupted.

"Dinner's ready. I made some meat-stuffed pumpkins if that's okay."

"Yes!" She said. Zelda had heard that Link's cooking was exceptional. And some even had magical properties as well.

They dug in.

And it was the best meal Zelda had had for 100 years.

They finished eating and Zelda thanked Link thoroughly for the food.

By then it was about 7:00. Even though it was early, Zelda was really tired.

Her room in the castle had been caved in, and besides, no one would be there to protect and fight with her if monsters came.

Plus Link had volunteered to let her stay with him.

He let her sleep on the bed.

She crawled in as Link made a small mattress for himself on the floor beside the bed.

Zelda drifted off to sleep in a few minutes.

~Author's note~ The ZeLink is coming! More Skyward Sword haha. It's gonna