The Meeting

It had taken forever.

So much training, exploring, cooking...

But it was worth it.

All to see that beautiful smile again.

"Link... do you really remember me?"

"I only took so long so that I would remember you, princess." Link responded. Zelda ran over to him and hugged him tightly. Link hugged back. She pulled away and looked Link in the eye. Her face glistened with tears, but she was beaming. They were tears of happiness. She was so happy to see her knight once more.

She had sobbed over his near-fatal wound.

She had worried in the castle about whether or not he would make it out of the Shrine of Resurrection alive.

And when he made it out, he didn't have a single memory or even an inkling of anything. He didn't really know where he was, let alone anything that had happened 100 years ago.

When he started gaining memories, Zelda had been worried that he would probably hate her, for all the memories he collected had either been Zelda yelling at Link or her sobbing over something, which Zelda thought made her... weak.

But Link kept going, eventually learning of the champions' backstories, and when they had all been the best of friends.

Well... maybe not Revali.

But the final piece of the puzzle, the one thing that, in Link's mind at least, solidified the fact that Zelda was a kind person who cared about others.

And that was Kass's final song.

But enough about that.

Zelda and Link mounted Epona, Link's horse, and rode away.

~Author's note~ Hi! This is my ZeLink story haha :) I wrote the first few parts a few months ago, so sorry if there are spelling errors or anything else. Anyways, enjoy!