- 10 -

- ELIZABETH POV. -

Robert wasn't home, he had gone to the council to try and protest Y/N's claim to her godparents' will.

I had sent the help home and I was just waiting for Katerina to leave so that I could to and talk to Y/N.

I waited for a few hours before Katerina and Hailee walked out of the house, they went their separate ways and I decided to make my way to Y/N.

I knocked on the door and waited, Y/N opened the door and I looked at her face, she looked upset, as she should be, but she hadn't been crying.

" Can I come in?" I asked and she nodded, I made my way inside the house and hugged her, she hugged me back and we just held onto each other tightly.

" I'm so so sorry for your loss"

" It's okay, she's in a better place, where's there no pain or suffering"

I nodded and we pulled away, I looked into her eyes " how are you feeling?"

" I was upset, especially yesterday, she died and lawyers and the priest came over and they started to ask a lot of questions and they told me about the will and property and all of that, then your husband came over" she said and I frowned.

" He did? "

" Oh yeah, such a charmer, "

" What did he say?" I asked and we went to the living room

" How I was an abomination and that the money was supposed to be his and other shit that I didn't listen to since I closed the door in his face" she said and I smiled " I would have loved to see that"

" You know, he said that I have everything he wants, and yet, he has everything I ever wished for" she said and I frowned " what is that?"

She smiled sadly " he has you..."

I looked at her lips " you can have me, all you have to do is say that you want me..."

" I do want you, more than anything..."

I leaned closer to her, our lips almost touching " then take me..."

She closed her eyes and pulled away.
" Divorce him, and marry me..." She said and I frowned opening my eyes

" What?"

" The Evans are helping, I will be getting the right to vote and marry whoever I please, I will have to pay, but I will be given all the rights a man has, divorce your husband and marry me Lizzie" she said with a smile and I shook my head.

" I can't do that " I said and she frowned.

" Why not? I'm back, I like you and you like me... Don't you want to give this a chance?" She asked and I took a deep breath.

" I like you Y/N, I truly do, but I love my husband, he has his faults but we've been together for over six years now, I can't leave Robbie..."

Her smile dropped and she got up from the couch " then you should leave"

" Y/N..."

" No Elizabeth, I don't want to be someone's mistress, I'm sorry okay, but you either have me and leave him, or you stay with him and lose me"

I looked at her and took a deep breath and got up from the couch " I'm sorry Y/N "

She nodded and walked me to the door.

" I see, Goodbye Elizabeth..."

She said and before I could say anything else she closed the door.

I wanted her, but I couldn't divorce Robbie...