- 1 -

- EVANS HOUSEHOLD -

Christopher,Scarlett, Robert (Robbie) and Elizabeth were having tea on the patio while they gazed upon Mrs. Amelia's mansion.

" We share the same physician, I asked him about her health, and he assured me that she doesn't have much longer" Scarlett shared and Chris shook his head.

" It's a pity really, that family name will be gone, all her money and power will be buried with her"

" yes, but it's a great opportunity for us, without Mrs. Amelia around, the publishing marked will be available again, and we could make a fortune, we just have to wait and see" Robbie said with a smile.

" She doesn't have children? Someone? "

" Mr. Kinsale was an only child, he got married even if he didn't love his wife, and they never had children "

Scarlett shook her head " I can't imagine being wed to someone and not love them"

Everyone except for Elizabeth agreed and Robbie frowned when he saw a carriage stop in front of Mrs. Amelia's house.

" Someone is here "

The driver opened the door of the carriage and a stunning woman got out of it and thanked the man before she made her way to the house, she opened the door and walked inside.

They all looked at each other and then at the house.
" Who was that?" Scarlett asked and they shook their heads.

" No idea, but let's hope it's not a family member, Robbie here invested a lot of money and time in his new publishing house, and if the Kinsale have an heir, he's about to lose a lot of money" Chris said and Robbie smiled but without humor.

" Then let's hope it's nobody important "

- KINSALE HOUSEHOLD - YOUR POV.

I thanked the driver and I made my way inside the mansion.

The maid smiled at me and saluted me.
" Miss Y/N, what a pleasure to see you"

" It's an honor to be back, I missed this place" I said and we shared a hug.

" Where's Mrs.Amelia?" I asked concerned.

" In her bedroom Miss, she has been asking for you"

I nodded and excused myself and went upstairs, I knocked on the door and gently walked in to see my Godmother in bed, looking frail and pale

" Ma'am" I said and she smiled when she saw me " Y/N, my dear! How you've grown, and what a beauty you've become, come... come my dear," she said and extended her hand.

I sat next to her and took her hand in mine.
" How are you feeling Madrina? I got your letters, I came as soon as I could"

She nodded " I didn't want to bother you, not until my time was near"

" You never bother me, and your time is still far "

" My dear child, let's not kid ourselves, I'm old and sick, and my time on this earth is almost gone, I just wanted to say my goodbyes to you"

" It's no time for that, you still have unfinished business on this earth, things to care for,"

" Like?"

" You work, Padre's work, the publishing house, your mansion, your will , you can't leave everything to the vultures in this city "

My Godmother smiled " I took care of that before I even sent for you, you know I have no kids, no family, all I have is you my dear girl"

" That's why, this, all the material things I have are yours, you are the heir of the Kinsale empire, in fact, you inherited all this the moment your Godfather died, he left you in his will too you know"

I shook my head " I can't, I could never accept your money"

" It's your money legally, and if you don't, it will go to the vultures, and our legacy will be lost forever, I know you feel like you don't belong here, but I beg of you, make an effort, for me, as my last wish, take our family name... Keep the legacy alive"

" I would never carry the name on, Madrina, you know that I have no wish to marry a man, how would I carry on your name?"

" By being happy, working, wedding a woman and having a child?"

I smiled " if that was a possibility, I would do it,"

Amelia smiled " then stay here, The a girl, she wants to be an actress, she's a lovely girl, she helps out whenever possible, she's like you, and I know she would make you happy, you would make her happy, just... Stay here for her, for me, give happiness a chance" she said and coughed

I rushed to get her a glass of water.
" drink Madrina"

She shook her head " it's okay my dear, just... Promise me that you will try and find happiness here, this house belongs to you, you belong to this city, you can save them from boredom and they can save you from loneliness"

She started to close her eyes and I nodded.
" I promise you Madrina, I will try to find happiness here in Boston"

She smiled and kissed my hand " I must ask you one more thing, may you bless me?"

I took a deep breath and nodded before I caressed her hand that was still holding mine. " I bless your sleep, and I bless your soul, if you shall not awake from your slumber, I shall pray God to show you a way to light and happiness"

She smiled " and I bless you, my darling girl, I bless your life and your future wife, and I hope and pray for you to find love, true, utter love " she whispered and I thanked her before I let her rest.

I closed the door behind me and took a deep breath, could I find love ?