Nobody Wins In War

Start from the beginning

Her words are soon cut off as the glass shatters with the thug thrown through it. The thug sprawled to the floor and Marcus made eye contact with the kids once he and the enforcers noticed they were inside.

Marcus:"*closes his book* Search them.

The enforcers entered the hangout room through the broken window and began searching the place.

Mylo:"Go ahead, idiots. We've got nothing."

Powder backs away and looks at her pouch to see the crystals. Feeling that they were after them, she covers her puch immediately. She glances at Vi, who looks at her worriedly, knowing that if they found the crystals, they'll take Powder away.

Marcus walked up to Powder and she lifts her head to look at him. The situation got tense and with this much enforcers, their only option now is to run.

Y/N looks at Claggor and gives him a nod. Claggor grabs hold of a lever and pulls it down. The lights turned off leaving the neon lights illuminating in the darkness.

Powder immediately ran away from Marcys while Mylo kicks one of the Enforcers away. He takes cover behind the counter and uses his gun to fire at the enforcers.

But since they weren't actual bullets, they didn't affect them. They took a step forward until Y/N kicks one of them down and Vi throws a metal plate at another.

The other enforcer took notice of them but the two ran away. Claggor and Mylo ran away as well. Powder hid and through the moving cutouts until Marcus grabs her by the arm.

She screams as she tries to break free. Then, she slams her fist on one of the targets and its jaw closed on Marcus' arm which makes him let go of Powder.

Once she was free, Vi grabs her by the wrist and pulls her along.

Vi:"Come on!"

Y/N rushes forward, kicks the door open and they ran away as fast as they can. Marcus knocks the door open and the enforcers chased after the kids.

Enforcer 1:"Get them!"

The group kept on running until Vi stops to see two enforcers choking an old man. The enforcers turned their heads and noticed them before letting go of the old man.

Vi turns back, only to see a few more enforcers running after them. Just then, they hear a whistle from above.

Ekko:"Over here!"

Ekko kicks down a ladder for them. Vi immediately climbs up. Everyone follows suit and the enforcers got even closer. Powder climbs up but was slightly interrupted when an enforcer climbs up the ladder.

She climbed as fast as she can until she reached the top. Vi rushes over and kicks the ladder down, sending it to the other enforcers down below, knocking them down.

Vi:"*to Powder* You need to hide those crystals."

Powder:"Yeah, no kidding."

***

After a while, they all went back to the orphanage where they watch Vander and Benzo having a meeting with all the other residents of the Lanes.

Sevika:"*slams on the table* We should hit them back. We've got numbers to beat them."

Thug:"Yeah. Let's teach them what it means to mess with us.

???:"Yeah!"

Everyone in the room shouted in agreed in agreement. Vander was silent and all he could do is just listen to what they're saying. He didn't really want to do this.