Chapter-13: Say it.

Start from the beginning

I go to the counter to grab a coffee when I hear set of footsteps in the almost empty area.

"Assalamualaikum" Aisha comes in giving me a cheery hug. My heart unconsciously starts beating a bit faster thinking about just seeing the person who has been occupying my thoughts lately.

"Walaikumassalam, will you guys have coffee? I was just getting one for myself" I ask still not removing my gaze from her.

"Of course, I'll get it" she moves to go further towards the counter leaving me of no choice than to greet her brother.

I gulp down nervously and look up at Adam who is standing just a few feet apart, a soft smile on his lips and head quiet slightly tilted.

"Assalamualaikum" I start and he smiles a bit wider coming right in front of me.

"Walaikumassalam" he says and comes a bit closer, bringing his face dangerously close to my covered one.

"I was waiting for my wife to finally notice me" he whispers near my ear and my heart which was already racing increases its pace, if only that was possible.

He looks back at me with the same smile but slightly smirking and leans in to kiss my forehead which is clad with my hijab and niqab.

I silently thank Allah for the niqab which is helping in covering my flustered face.

"Okay guys, here... your coffees" Aisha comes handing us our cups.

We go to sit in one of the chairs placed near the windows.

"So, how have you been feeling since the Nikah?" she asks me wiggling her eyebrows mischievously.

"She has been going on with this since the day you came to our place" Adam says with an eye roll.

I laugh quietly at his annoyed expression and look back at Aisha "Happy" I reply discreetly looking at a smiling Adam.

"Happy? That's it I was obviously expecting a bit more than just a word" she whines. "At least your response is better than this jerk here" she says playfully shoving Adam's shoulder.

I perk up at her words "Why? what was his response?' I ask, trying not to sound that desperate.

"Desperate much?" she asks. Okay well I did sound desperate. I shrug and lift my niqab slightly to take a sip of my coffee trying to not feel completely embarrassed at my stupid curiousness.

"He just said that 'he doesn't seem to be wanting to tell me' his words not mine." She glares at him causing him to chuckle and roll his eyes again. I myself slightly chuckle at her childishness when her phone starts ringing in her bag.

"Oh I guess I'll get going, it's my friend probably calling me for the class. Ma'salaam" she waves her hand grabbing her bag and then leaving.

"Finally" Adam lets a long sigh.

"Why should there always be someone when I just want my wife to myself?" He exasperates.

"You are just exaggerating now" I say laughing lightly.

He raises his brows, leaning on the table towards me keeping his gaze locked on my eyes. "I was literally dying to meet you from yesterday and now you're telling me that I am exaggerating sweetheart?" he asks quietly, feigning hurt. My stomach does these stupid flips at his quiet voice.

"Tell me what kept you awake the whole night that got you late for college?" he asks again before I could speak anything.

"I could ask the same thing to you" I ask tilting my head slightly.