The Sleepover

I tried to handle on the bathroom door and opened it to an empty hallway.

Quickly scurrying out of there and into the living room, I scanned the area for the boys, "Where the hell are they?" I called out, panicking.

"Sofia?" I heard James calling out for me, "James?" I said, turning in every direction. I saw his mop of beachy brown hair come barreling down the stairs and tackle me into a hug, "Holy fuck we were so worried. We heard this huge crash of glass and thought the worst. Are you okay?" He asked, assessing my body. 

He kissed me quickly before turning to Evelyn, "Are you okay?" She nodded, but I could tell she was a little freaked out.

"Where's Mason?" I asked.

"Right here." He announced. 

I sat down on the couch, resting my eyes as my head fell to the side, "I'm so dizzy." I whined, rubbing my eyes so hard I saw stars.

"Woah Sofia are you bleeding?" Mason pointed out, "What? No, why?" I said, quickly standing up.

Mason pointed to the back of the couch where my head was resting as a splotch of dark red blood started to form, "What the hell?" I said, checking my body, "I'm fine, I mean, I feel fine." I said.

"She did fall in the garage. When that person locked the door on us, she fell off the ladder to the fusebox." Evelyn explained.

Her voice was getting louder and quieter as I tried to put together the pieces in my head, "Wait, the fusebox wire was smoking. Like someone had cut it, how come the powers on right now?" 

"Wait, what happened?" Mason said, "Slow down." 

James and Mason took a seat on the opposite couches to us, "When I opened the fusebox, it looked like someone had made a fresh cut because it was smoking and disconnected. And when Evelyn tried to get you guys for help, the door slammed shut and I fell off the ladder because I got scared." 

Evelyn moved my hair carefully to the side, wincing when she pulled her hand away.

Bright red liquid trailed down her fingers, "Okay maybe I am bleeding. But I'm fine." I said quickly. Mason jumped into action, somehow knowing where our first aid kit was. 

"Guys I'm fine I swear. It's just a cut."

"Lets get it cleaned up though, okay?" James took my hand and we stood up. 

I looked to the stairs when I heard a banging noise, like someone had dropped a metal water bottle. Although, I was even more concerned when a ball of something wrapped in white paper came rolling slowly down the stairs.

"They're still here." I said, "They're still here." 

All four of us ran up the stairs, without thinking and checked every single one of the rooms. "Nothing!" I screamed, pushing all the curtains, checking the closets and under the beds.

I heard two more 'nothings' but nothing from Mason.

"Mason!" James called, "You see anything." 

Mason was in my room and I pushed the door open, screaming in horror when there were four doll-like figures hanging from my light fixture.

"What is that?" I asked, breathing heavily. Mason yanked down all of the dolls, "Voodoo dolls. Of us." 

"How the hell did they know we were going to be here all at once? What the fuck!" I screamed, sitting down on my bed. "They know everything." Evelyn scoffed, throwing her doll on the floor.

I didn't flinch when all of our texts chimes went off at once.

555-345-987
Miss me?