Ch 23: Not Even a Minute

Começar do início

Robin: "Dammit Grace." I mutter.

Grace: "What was that? Hmm, doesn't matter." She says beginning to prance around in circles. "You better come and get me before the curse kills your precious girlfriends." She taunts before flying through a door on the ceiling.

I don't bother shouting for her and take a moment to catch my breath and gather my thoughts. My chest begins to sting, mainly because of both emotional and physical pain.

I don't want hurt Grace, but I have no choice but to kill her and dispel the curse. Everything was just fine an hour ago, everything happened so fast.

Robin: "You're right Scarfy, deal with her first, figure out a solution after. Thank you." I say as I pat the scarf around my collar bone.

I clench my fist and let Scarfy launch me towards the door where I hear several demonic cackles. Of course a demon's dimension has demons in it, I just have to hope this room I'm in now is a safe zone.

Because the girls are absolutely helpless at the moment.

I ready my sword and slash through the door, I'm barely a month into school and I'm already facing demons.

And hero? I'm supposed to be a side character, how has this happened to me?

Nah, whether I'm a side character or not doesn't matter anymore, all that matters now is protecting the ones I care about and making them happy.

*Grwarghhh!!!*

I falter when I hear the blood curdling screams of the demonic entities, but I feel my body grow cold with determination.

I'll do whatever it takes to save them all.

-One minute earlier

Who decided to build a house all the way out here? Well the school did I assume, but why? It's at the far end of the courtyard and the courtyard is extremely spacious.

I guess it's the perfect place for a party. It's secluded and far away from school meaning no one would know what's going on over here. We'll be able to do whatever we want.

I wonder if we have alcohol, it's been awhile since I've had any. Last time I did it was with Robert on my seventeenth 'birthday'. I think we ended up on two separate islands after we got drunk and couldn't figure out how we ended up that way.

I distinctly remember a crazy hangover.

I've found that my body is surprisingly weak to alcohol so it's probably best I shouldn't have any when I'm with the others.

I should start focusing and see what Grace needs. I walk up to the door and give it a few knocks, and not long after it opens up.

Grace: "Oh good, you're here. Come on in." She says in an uncharacteristically flat tone.

Robin: "What's with the urgent sounding text? Is there an emergency?" I ask as I walk into the home.

Grace: "Other than me dying from boredom? No. But you being here cured me of that problem, so no emergencies at all." She says smiling sweetly, looking like the normal Grace again.

Robin: "Then what's the surprise?" I ask as she walks ahead of me.

Grace: "Have some patience Robin, come with me to the living room." She says as I see a glimpse of her smile.

Though for a second I mistook it for a smirk. Is there even a difference when it comes to Grace? I haven't figured that out yet.

I don't take much longer to follow her footsteps and we pass by a clock that reads 11:10.