ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ

𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔𝚜

     𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔𝚜

"You sure Atlas won't mind you paying for all of us?" Athena asks, sounding a bit concerned. I'm sure she knows better than to ask that question. Winter thinks so as well as she starts to laugh and hands the cashier the black card Atlas left in my possession.

It's the twenty-fourth of December. That means it's Christmas. I promised Athena, as we do every year, we'd go shopping for last-minute presents, some hot chocolate and breakfast. Atlas didn't like me being gone for today, but I didn't care much. Athena and I have a tradition, and I plan on keeping it. With an add-on; that being getting our nails done.

And besides, I'll be home by lunch time. Athena has her own family, surely she'd prefer to be home with her husband and son as well.

Oh, and as Summer had called Atlas earlier, I invited her and Winter to tag along. Didn't think they would, but here we are.

"Atlas wants me to spend his money, for whatever reasons that is," I say with a chuckle. I link my arm with hers, slowly walking over to our table at the diner.

Walking gets more and more exhausting, as well as my speed seems to be slow-motion now. Annoying.

Winter and Summer are right behind us, making sure to catch me if I trip. It's hilarious, really. I've always been clumsy, but pregnant-me seems to be even clumsier.

As we sit, Winter starts to tell us all about her boyfriend, who still appears to be using her for her brothers money. Clearly, Summer believes so too. "God, Winter. That guy asked you for one hundred dollar. Don't you get it?" She rolls her eyes, not believing the naivety of her sister.

"What should I get? He's a bit low on money, that's nothing bad," Winter argues, crossing her arms. "I just want to help out. It's Christmas."

"Honey," Athena says, stroking a hand through Winter's hair. "He might be low on money, but so are you. You can't give all you have away."

"I'm not low on money. I have access to some all year around."

That she might, but it's not hers. Atlas is basically her personal ATM machine, and he'd never tell her no. Well, unless he knew where she'd put all the money he gives her.

"You're just stupid," Summer throws in, not even bothering to look up from her phone. "He keeps asking you for money. He doesn't ever give some back. You pay for everything. He is using you."

I doubt there's much more we can tell her. We've tried, but Winter isn't listening. She will have to learn from her mistakes eventually, but for now, changing the topic seems better. Though, before I do, I make a quick mental note to let Atlas know where his money is flowing in to.

"Are you seeing him tomorrow?" I ask Winter, offering her a smile. She returns the smile, scrunching up her nose.

"Unfortunately, no. Liam said he's with his family somewhere in Oregon."