Chapter 3

In my words, Hyuk Dojin squinted at me

In my words, Hyuk Dojin squinted at me. Then I closed my eyes and shook my head lightly.

"I was just surprised. I heard that the ladies of the Five Great Noble clans all have a lot of luxury."

"Who said that?"

"That's what everyone I know said."

I thought that Hyuk Dojin's walking speed slowed down a little.

I'm keeping my foot steady, because my distance from him, which was somewhat far away, has narrowed.

He walked side by side next to me.

"I heard that the ladies of the Five Great Nobles clan and the Ten Great Sects learn martial arts and collect all kinds of jewelry and ornaments. Like clothes made out of silk from the West and accessories made by grinding elephants' tusk. Because their wealth is overflowing, they use it however they want."

"Looking at it, I did hear it, too."

I felt Hyuk Dojin's eyes, who was looking ahead, touching my head. I looked up, met his eyes, and opened my mouth.

"The men of the Demon Sect are all vicious and subversive, so they wave their fists regardless of gender. Furthermore, when they are angry, they can't control it. I heard that they even beat their family, wife, and children up recklessly to relieve their anger."

"Who said that?"

"That's what everyone around me says."

"Hoo."

He looked interested.

Hyuk Dojin rubs his chin and tilts his head as if he's thinking for a moment. Soon, he smiled brightly.

"Maybe the people who told you that don't know all the circumstances of the Demon Sect, so they brought up such a false story."

"Maybe the people the Lesser Sect Leader knew were not familiar with the circumstances of the Righteous Sect, so they brought up such a nonsense story?"

When I said the same thing over and over again, he smiled.

"I guess so."

While talking with him, I was able to arrive at the mistress's chambers.

Hyuk Dojin took me to the room himself after being delayed by people who greeted him.