So when he got paged into the OB floor, he got worried that something was wrong. "What happened?" He asked when he saw his wife with a gown on and a blonde doctor next to her checking out. 

"I might be miscarrying." Natalie said with a shakily breath and Mark ran to her side. 

"You're not miscarrying." The doctor reassured both of the parents. 

"Well, then it's an ectopic." Natalie remarked.

"Could it be a blighted ovum?" Mark questioned. "It's not a molar pregnancy, is it?" With all the planning for the wedding, they just thought that everything was okay. And it was too early anyway to figure if anything was wrong. 

"Wow. We got a lot of doctors in the room." The doctor commented. 

"Who the hell are you, and what are your credentials?" Mark crossed his arms on his chest and gave the doctor his best terrifying look.

"Lucy Fields, Harvard M. D." But Lucy seemed unfazed. "Duke ob-gyn resident, and now maternal-fetal medicine fellow at Seattle Grace Mercy West. Damn good at my job."

"Okay, enough with the introductions, I wanna see my baby." Natalie interrupted the little staring contest, as Mark was trying to figure out if she was good enough to be his wife's and their baby's doctor.

"Okay. So..." Lucy showed them the baby in the monitor. "There's your baby. There is the yolk sac. Looks good. You're good." She reassured them.

Mark looked at the monitor enchanted. Like his whole world was in there. But Natalie couldn't feel the same joy he was feeling. Because she was still scared and she had this feeling that something was wrong. "I-I'm bleeding..." She stuttered and looked at Lucy for an answer.

"It's not uncommon. Happens in around 30% of all pregnancies. It's probably fine." Lucy replied and there was a quiet voice inside Natalie's mind that kept whispering there's should be a heartbeat, even if she knew well enough that it was early. 

"But I-I don't see a heartbeat. Where's ... where is the heartbeat?"

"Oh, well, it's probably too early for that." Lucy pointed out. "I'll do blood work, but I'm pretty sure everything's okay. Just take it easy for the next few days, drink a lot of water, no tampons, no intercourse. And call me if the bleeding gets worse or if there's pain. Otherwise, go live your life, both of you, while you still can." Lucy left the room to give them some privacy.

"Yeah, like I haven't been pregnant before and I know nothing." Natalie scoffed.

"Baby, just go home and rest, okay? And next week, we're going to hear the heartbeat. You'll see everything is just fine." Mark promised her, but Natalie was anything but convinced.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"Hey, you're back." Derek exclaimed when he saw his friend entering the room he was in, doing some work for this research. "You seem worried. Want to know what's really fun and not at all depressing? Alzheimer's research."

"Natalie's having my baby." Mark said already knowing that his wife wouldn't hold back and tell Derek. Even if she hadn't admitted. "And you know that because I know she has told you, because even when she made me not tell anyone, she kept telling people. And really, it's the best new of my life, along with the moment she asked me to marry her." He rambled.

"Is this getting somewhere?" Derek narrowed his eyes.

"I just... she's worried because six months ago she had a miscarriage and I don't know how to help her. I don't want her to feel like that. But I also understand why she's feeling like that." Mark voiced his worries. He really needed to talk to someone, because there were many moments he also felt scared, but he stayed strong for Natalie.