5

i let out a shriek and immediately grip my hands around the wrists.
i was picked up and thrown on the floor forcefully.
i started coughing a fit but then pushed myself off the floor to turn around and meet my intruder.

as soon as i saw the mask i gasp. "michael.." he stared at me and then started walking towards me. i was immediately cornered and backed into the wall.

he peered over me making me feel small and helpless. "michael stop!" i yell out feeling my voice squeak, but hoping it'll do something, anything.

he rose his hand to my throat again choked me hard.
tears escaped my eyes and i felt him drag my body up the wall holding me in place.

all of a sudden he softened the hold and i fell back down on my feet. his hold got looser and looser to the point he just held his hand on my neck.

all i heard was his hard breathing. i didn't know what to do. my heart was hammering out of my chest.

why did he come here?? i thought laurie was his priority.
he let go of my neck completely but then grabbed my hair and brought me to my bed.

i screamed again before hitting the soft covers with a bounce.

michael just stared at me but then tilted his head as if he was conflicted with his thoughts.

"michael it's okay..." i say softly, my voice sounding shakily trying to put my practice into work.

"i'm here for you, remember?" i said. scoot hing a little close to him on the bed. he didn't react.

when i was arms length away from him i reached over and caressed his shoulder gently. he tensed up at it at first, but then gradually felt relaxed.
that made me bring up my other hand to give him a awkward shoulder massage which relaxed him a little.

after a while i stopped and stared at him.
"you need to stay here. let me take care of you." i said repeating myself from halloween night.
michael then looked up a left the room.

i sigh, not knowing if i should call doctor loomis about michaels location or try to handle this myself.
i mentally prepare myself to get off the bed and search for michael again.

i need to take care of him myself, loomis wouldn't understand.
i rush off the bed and make my way to the hallway searching where michael could have went. then i saw him dragging a chair from the kitchen back to my direction.

"michael what are you doing?!" i asked, slightly relieved he didn't leave just yet.
he said nothing and then hoisted me into his arms carrying me and the chair back to my room.
he plopped me down once again on my bed.
then he turned his head over to my nightstand and looked at it for a while.
i was confused what he was looking at until he went and picked up my notepad and pen i used to write down my late night thoughts.

he ripped my previous paper on the top i had and started writing his own letter.

after he was done writing he flipped it around to me and it read: why

i tilted my head in confusion and peered at the word. why?? why what?
"why what michael?" i asked softly. he turned the note bad back to him and wrote another message.

'i can't do it' he showed me again then dropped the notepad probably meaning he doesn't want to talk about this anymore.
i communicated with him!

i knew he meant he couldn't kill me. i saw how he tried but got so conflicted with his own thoughts that it made him stop.

"michael i can help you! i'm here for you!" i say, cheeks flushing a little. i felt my psychiatric abilities flowing in my veins and giving me a blood rush to my brain.

he sighed, moving over to the side of my room, he turned off the lamp i had and then returned back to the chair he brought in, sitting and staring at me.

is he trying to send me to bed? i yawned remembering how late it actually was and pulled my covers over my body.

"goodnight michael... thank you for coming back." i say sleepily and rolled over in my bed letting my sleep take over my body.

——

i was suddenly awaken by my phone ringing. i groan and get out of bed missing the warmth.

i didn't even notice michael still sitting there watching me leave to get my phone.

i unhooked the phone and answered it.
"hello?" i yawned.
"hey (y/n)!" a cheery voiced laurie strode answered.

"laurie?? what are you doing up at 3 in the morning?" i gasped. she giggled before saying, "there's been no sign of michael killing all night. this is the first normal night since halloween!"

i flushed. that was true, michael had been at my house all night.

"and you had to call me about it? i need my sleep." i whined. she laughed again, "yeah sorry (y/n), i'll let you sleep now, but we definitely gotta hang soon." she said and hung up.

i roll my eyes thinking how weird it'd be to hang with a 17 year old girl.
coming back to my room i saw michael looking at me from outside my room at the doorway.
"sorry michael, it was just la-" i paused, i was about to say laurie. i felt weird telling michael i was on the phone with his sister.
"it was just work stuff, i work at a clinic now." i say smoothly. he stared at me blocking the way into my room.

he picked me up and carried me to my room like a princess. i blushed at his gentleness as he put me back into bed. i flinched at my now cold bed.

"michael can you stay for a second." i blurted out surprising myself.
"i-uh you're really warm and my beds so cold and can you warm it up for a little." i stuttered out.
he stared for a while and then flopped on top of the bed over the covers.

i hug onto his arm feeling the warmth on my cold body.
"after you feel it's warm you can go back to your chair or stay here it's whatever." i say not wanting to over cross my boundaries with him.

he said nothing. i turned around and went back to sleep.