Chapter 19: The Ball and the Question

Start from the beginning

We continued to talk and laugh for what felt like a short time, but it was hours. The clock chimed 4pm and I soon heard a voice call from behind us.

"Y/n!" Hermione called. "It's time to get ready!"

"Okay. Give me a minute!" I replied before turning back to my brother. "How has the past 6 hours go so quickly?" I asked.

"I don't know. But I want to give you your Christmas present early." Teddy said as he pulled a small bag out of his coat pocket and handed it to me.

I opened the bag to reveal a small box. It was a royal blue of a company that I recognised. I opened the top to reveal a beautiful new charm of a dog. It was all silver with it having a howling position and on the back it had the word 'fearless' engraved in it.

"Oh Teddy it's beautiful!" I said as I few tears escaped my eyes, happy tears of course.

"I wanted to give it to you today so you can put it on your bracelet for tonight." He said. I had a bracelet where charms can be added.

"Of course I will! If I don't see you, have fun at the ball with Chloe!" I said as I stood up.

"Thank you. Have a good time with Fred." Teddy replied before I walked away and towards Hermione.

"Took you long enough." Hermione chuckled as we walked inside and up towards Gryffindor tower.

"I know, I haven't had a proper catch up with Teddy in a while. How has Fred been today?" I asked her

"He is excited to see you but misses seeing you all day!" Hermione said.

We walked in the common room to find Ginny waiting for us. We walked up to my dorm because we could get ready in peace as I had my own dorm. The girls ran to their dorms to get their dresses then came back to mine to get ready. Makeup bags in hand.

"How shall we do this?" Ginny asked.

"I'll do hair." I said to the two.

"I'll go makeup." Ginny said

"And I'll fix anything on the dresses." Hermione said.

"Okay. Hermione go shower. I have spare towels out for the both of you. That way Ginny can shower after and do your makeup whilst I'm showering then I'll do your hair when it's dry." I said. The two nodded and Hermione walked off into the bathroom to shower.

Me and Ginny talked and set up the hair and makeup stations whilst Hermione was showering. After she was finished she came out in her hair in a towel and wearing her blue dressing gown. Ginny then went to shower after. Me and Hermione talked which we removed the dresses from their protective bags. I saw my dress again and was excited to wear it and more excited to see Fred's reaction to the dress. Soon enough, Ginny came out in her pale yellow dressing gown and her hair in her towel.

"Okay Y/n, go shower. I'll do Hermione's makeup." Ginny said. I hummed in response before making my way into my bathroom. I turned on the shower and let the hot water hit my cold body. I hummed at the warmth before shampooing and conditioning my hair with my raspberry shampoo and conditioner. After I finished, I pulled my hair into my towel and put on my dressing gown before joining the two girls.

Ginny was almost finished Hermione's makeup, she had a natural look with light blue fading to dark blue eyeshadow and a thin line of eyeliner, mascara and a pinky/nude lipstick.

"Woah Hermione! You look stunning!" I said with a smile. "What would you like your hair to be like?"

"Something smart but also tames my hair." She replied. I pulled out my straighteners and began on Hermione's hair. I straightened her hair and tied it into a smart knot and left some pieces loose at the bottom so it could dangle and left out two small parts for the front.