Fools {James Potter x Reader}

Comenzar desde el principio

Oh, our lives don't collide, I'm aware of this

The differences and impulses and your obsession with

The little things you like stick, and I like aerosol

Don't give a fuck, not giving up, I still want it all

I stood alone as the tears rolled down my cheeks. I didn't care if they ruined my makeup. I could fix it all with a simple glamour charm. "You alright?" I wipe away my tears before looking at James. "Shouldn't you be with your wife? Pretty scandalous of you coming to me when you have someone as lovely as her." He softly chuckles at my answer. "What's so scandalous about checking up on my friend?" I stare down at the ground. "Merlin's beard, you are a bloody idiot." I say softly as tears start to form again. "That's nothing new." I shake my head as I look at him, tears rolling down my cheeks. "James, I can't. I have to go. I'm.. I'm sorry, but we can't... I'm sorry." I say before making sure no one at the ceremony could see me before pulling out my wand and apparating home.

Only fools fall for you, only fools

Only fools do what I do, only fools fall

Only fools fall for you, only fools

Only fools do what I do, only fools fall

— — — — — — — —— — — — — — — —

I see swimming pools and living rooms and aeroplanes

I see a little house on the hill and children's names

I see quiet nights poured over ice and Tanqueray

But everything is shattering and it's my mistake

I had become a member of the Order of the Phoenix, but I was also a double agent for Dumbledore alongside Severus. I didn't enjoy working with Voldemort, but I did it to protect the future of all wizardkind. Though I also did it to protect James and Lily. Especially when Lily became pregnant and they had to go into hiding. What I didn't expect is Peter to betray James and Lily. When I found out Severus and I tried to stop Voldemort's plans, but we weren't fast enough. We were too late. I was too late. Severus went to Lily while I went to James. I hesitated going near him, hoping this was all a horrible dream. Yet I knew better. I knew he was dead. I knew they were both dead. "James..." I tried to hold in the tears that formed. "I'm so sorry. I tried to.. To protect you, you and your family. I'll never get to tell you how much I loved you. I still love you James." I softly say to the corpse of my childhood friend. I kiss his forehead gently as my tears finally fall. The sound of a baby crying gained my attention. Their son would be my new protection priority.

Only fools fall for you, only fools fall

Only fools do what I do, only fools fall

Only fools fall for you, only fools fall

Only fools do what I do, only fools fall

I was surprised when Dumbledore gave me custody of Harry. Though I was happy he'd be living with me instead of his muggle aunt Petunia. I knew from the stories I heard from Severus on how Petunia treated Lily, who knows how she'd treat Harry. I did my best to raise Harry while trying to get Sirius proven innocent so he wouldn't be wrongly rotting in Azkaban. Luckily being a double agent made proving his innocence easier though getting the Wizengamot to trust me was a bit difficult. "You know taking care of his son isn't moving on." I roll my eyes as I look at Remus, who has been helping me take care of Harry. "I know that Moony, but I'm not going to abandon his son. Especially when I pushed James away because I couldn't get over my feelings for him." He sighs softly as he walks over to me. He was about to speak, but Harry's cries interrupted us. I quickly maneuver around Remus and go over to the crying child that laid in a bassinet.

Only fools fall for you (only fools)

Only fools do what I do (only fools)

Only fools fall for you (only fools)

Only fools do what I do, only fools fall

I smile happily as I watch Harry make friends with the Weasley's youngest boy at the train station. "Prongs would be so proud of you." I look at Sirius. "You think?" He nods. "Of course. Prongs was always proud of you." I look back over at Harry and his friend. They were talking then the train whistle went off. The boys look at the train before Harry runs over to us and gives both me and Sirius a hug. "Go on Harry, you're going to miss the train. Make sure to write." I tell him, earning a nod from the young boy before running off to make sure not to miss the train. "Let's just hope he doesn't get into trouble like James did." Sirius laughs, gaining my attention. "What?" He looks at me. "Of course he's going to get in trouble. He's mini Prongs after all." I roll my eyes and shake my head. "You better hope he doesn't or you'll be serving your own kind of detention." Sirius smirks. "Oh really? What would that entail?" He questions with that flirty tone he would use when we were teens. My cheeks heat up. "Merlin, that's not what I meant!" I hit him in the arm. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope the time jumping in the oneshot wasn't too confusing. Honestly this was one was just a random. I wanted to something a little angsty though I'm not the best at it.