chapt 9 • Results

Start from the beginning

The sound of other students coming back to their room alerted him, afraid that someone would see us and report it even though he was the Headmaster's son. Alessio Rivers wasn't one to ignore or break the regulation.

"Would you like to come in?" I ask, slightly leaning on my door frame.

He glanced down the hall, hearing the voices grow closer, and looked back to my room. Debating which choice would be better, he then took a deep breath and entered.

I closed the door and leaned on the wooden door, seeing him hold onto his bag with one hand and look everywhere else but at me.

"I only wanted to stop by and apologize for leaving like that last time. I um, I didn't want to be late for my prayer lecture and I started to take extra time lately" he admits, I push myself from the door.

Now in front of him, he finally looks down but he gulps air. Adam's Apple bobbing slowly, the grip on his bag growing tighter. Please grab me like that, right now.

"Ninety-five percent" I randomly announce, I expect for his eyebrows to push together. For him to ask me what the hell that meant but judging by the way his chest slightly rises only to fall slowly. Alessio knew exactly what ninety-five percent meant.

"C-Can I see?" I go over to my bag sitting on the chair, take out the paper, and go back to handing it to him.

"Don't believe me?" I'm closer to him this time. I could have sworn I saw his eyes flicker between my eyes and my lips, how I wanted those soft brown eyes to go further down but as the good boy, he was raised to be. They didn't.

"I do, It's just that I want to make sure. Before we continue with anything" He doesn't seem surprised at the score, like he knew I could do it. He only looks at the paper knowing that our deal was finally set.

He hands me back the paper, the tattoo on my wrist catching his attention.

"I would show you the other ones but, I'd rather you find them yourself" I can see the light in his eyes slowly darkening, he cleared his throat.

He suddenly began to slightly tug at the collar of his uniform. I could almost be sure if I were to touch his skin it would be burning hot.

The light of the moon reflected through the window, allowing us to see each other better. Alessio said absolutely nothing, he only stood there. With parted lips while he tried to figure what words to say next.

I lowered my eyes to them, my body taking a step closer to wear my chest brushed against his shirt.

I sucked in my lower lip, thinking about how soft his would be against my own. How soft they would be on my skin which was now becoming fire under the cool air in the room.

Brown strands fall over his forehead, "I-I should get back, I-I don't want to miss curfew" his cheeks tint a dark red, I control the urge to pull him closer by the waistband of his slacks.

"I would hate for you to be late, but that's what makes it fun. That's what makes this fun" I watch him switch his eyes between the both of mine.

"Don't you think so? Don't you think this is fun, Alessio?" I say his name at the end of the question and he looks like he's going to stop by the prayer hall before he goes back to his room.

"I"— The sound of the curfew bell rang outside of my door, It rang past the one-minute mark. Which meant he missed curfew, I didn't think too much of it but Alessio grabbed his bag.

"I need to go" he hurries out and I step back from him, giving him room to breathe because it seems I've stolen all the oxygen in his lungs.

"I'll be waiting for your answer" I waved my fingers at him in goodbye, climbing on bed and I barely caught his eyes blink down at my outfit before he completely left in a hurry.

That same time I went back to the book of poems before the little ding of my phone distracted me.

Alessio - Is meeting in the library okay with you? If not I'd be happy to meet wherever you prefer.

Even through text, he was so fucking sweet.

I responded with a yes, saving his number.

This is the beginning of something,
intriguingly sinful.

- As a reader who hates but likes the tension in a slow burn

- As a reader who hates but likes the tension in a slow burn. I love it equally as an author.

- How do you guys like the book so far?