5

"I want to say....
I miss you....
But it wouldn't
Change anything...
So I will just keep on
Pretending I don't..."

RAKSHIT'S P. O. V.

(2 years later)

It was a cool and breezy evening. A strong gust of wind flew against my face making me shiver. The leaves were dancing in a rhythm.

People say that time cures pain but time does not cure pain. People learnt to live with it.... Thats what i learnt. Its been two years I left india. Two years of hardwork made me a successful business man. Two years, full of Hectic works, busy schedules, projects and deals.

I miss being me, that kind, carefree musician. I never wanted to became a business man but today I am the most successful business man of Asia. Rude, Arrogant, Workaholic Rakshit Shergill. Dad is fine now and he is looking after our Mumbai branch. Rey has completed his studies and has started assisting dad.

Dad and Mom was reluctant at first to send me London. But I convinced them. They know about my passion and they are supportive. But I don't have a mind to go back. I am happy with what I am right now. I am destined to be a business man and I accepted my fate.

Two years ago, I left everything to became a new person. I am new person now... But there is something
that i can't leave even after trying.
A certain someone who keep coming on my dreams, making me restless.

My Doll... Her memories are huanting me. Her pleads are still echoing in my ears. Her teary eyes and broken voice didn't leave from my mind.
Heart break is the worst pain one can ever experience.

Guilt flew through my veins remembering her. She is the best thing happened to me... And I became her worst nightmare.

Leaving her was the worst decision I took. After all the things I had done with her how can I even expect her forgiveness.

But I don't deserve her. That's the bitter truth. I thought being in relationship can distract you from your career. And at that time i had responsibilities. I felt it was best to leave her. I thought I will forget her. But I am not able to do it.

Can we forgot to breathe??
Can our heart forget to beat?
No... Right. My Doll became so important to me that forgetting her seems impossible.

Then what should I do?. Go back to her and apologize.... No. I can't do that. She needs someone who will cherish her whole life, someone who loves her more than anything, someone who will spend time with her, someone who will hear her ramblings.... Not a workaholic business man.

But the thought of her being with someone else burned my heart. I can't see her with anyone.

I tried my best to ignore her and those feelings which she can make me feel.
What kind of craziness is this???
Naa main uske pass jana chahta hu
Naa use kisi aur ke saat dekh sakta hu
( I don't want to be with her nor i can't see her with someone else)

She tried to contact me numerous times but I just shut her off. Arohi and Sid were disappointed with me and never contacted me in these two years. They have the right to be angry with me. I did the worst thing with Drishti. Arohi was like an elder sister to My doll. And sid was her protective brother. Sid loved drishti a lot. He threatened the boys in our college to not look at his sister.

I accepted the fact that some people can only be in your heart... Not in life.
In my case drishti is the one. I can never forgive myself for humiliating her innocent love. I still remember that moment when my black orbs met with her innocent ones...

[ Flashback.....

I was in the canteen singing a song. I can hear the hooting of students. The girls are giving me a dreamy look and I ignored them.

Mujh ko iraade de
Kasmein de, vaade de
Meri duaaon ke ishaaron ko sahaare de
Dil ko thikaaney de
Naye bahaaney de
Khwaabon ki baarishon ko
Mausam ke paimaane de
Apne karam ki kar ataayein
Kar de idhar bhi tu nigaahein

Give me intentions..
Give me promises, guarantees,
Support the signs of my prayers..
Give shelter to the heart..
Give some new excuses,
Give the peg of weathers
to the rains of dreams..
Bless me with your grace..
Look this way too..

Sun rahaa hai naa tu
Ro rahaa hoon main
Sun raha hai naa tu
Kyun ro raha hoon main

You're listening, right?
I am crying here..
You're listening to me right..
Why I am crying here..

Manzilein ruswa hain
Khoyaa hai raasta
Aaye le jaaye
Itni si iltijaa
Ye meri zamaanat hai
Tu meri amaanat hai..
Haan..

(my) destinations are not cared for..
the path is lost..
(Someone, you actually) comes n takes me away
only this is my small wish..
This is my surety,
you're mine..

Apne karam ki kar ataayein
Kar de idhar bhi tu nigaahein
Sun raha hai naa tu..

Waqt bhi thehra hai
Kaise kyoon ye huaa
Kaash tuu aise aaye
Jaise koi duaa
Tu rooh kee raahat hai
Tu meri ibaadat hai..

Time is stopped too,
How and why it happened..
May you just come
like some prayer..
You're the peace of soul..
You're my prayer..

Apne karam ki kar atayein
Kar de idhar bhi tu nigahein
Sun raha hai naa tu..

Yaaraaa..
O Love..

I finished singing and I can hear hooting and clapping with some girls shouting "one more,

I felt like someone staring me. And I know it may be some girls. I usually ignore it but i don't know why... I couldn't ignore it so I snapped my head toward my right.

My heart did a wierd flip when I saw a girl staring at me intensely. Her eyes were full of adoration and admiration. She looked cute in her baby pink crop top and black shrug with blue jeans. Her eyes were big and black. She looked beautiful.

What the hell Rakshit?
When did you started observing girls?
Dude its not your job.
Obviously Rakshit Shergill don't stare at girls. Then why did I stare her .

She flushed under my gaze. So cuteeee.... I just wanted to pinch her chubby cheeks.

How can you think like that Rakshit?
She is Just an ordinary girl. Not anyone special
I scolded myself and unwantedly moved my gaze from that cute doll.

Flashback ends...]

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

What are your thoughts about Rakshit?

Hope you liked this chapter.
Tell me in comments.

And please vote comment and share 🙏

Stay Safe
Stay Happy