chapter 57: meetings

Start from the beginning

"And I sorta maybe kinda threw hands with some of the workers after I threw up in the lobby" dad's eyes slowly closed and my brothers try to keep their laughter contained.

"and now we're banned for. well life" hazel looks up and stefano bursts out laughs "that's pure fucking gold" he claps his hands togther while vinchenzo and antonio try to keep thier weezing to a minimum.

"i really thought i'd never hear that name again" hazel shrugs and i laugh causing her to laugh too "nicoletta" dad rubs his temples causing the table to get quiet

"how did you manage to pull something like that off and not get arrested?" Dad sounds annoyed. "we ran with purpose back to my house which was closer" hazel peeks her head from behind me.

"I'll figure something out for you two" I smile "Thanks dman" hazel grabs some vegetables. "i can set up a new hotel dad,take some stuff off your plate" antonio sips his wine "that would be great thank you"

"niki how many people were at this party?" stefano looks at me "well considering it was the first party of the year and i just told people i was a senior, a lot of people"

"you know what's funny? i saw sierra evans talking about it on her instagram story a few months ago" my eyes widen "didn't she black out in the hotel bathroom for the night" Hazel laughs and nods.

...

"you look so good in this" hazel's fingers pull at the red belt to match my red suit "i think this is a whole moment" i turn around looking at myself in the mirror

"It is, first real big rivera mafia meeting. you look hot as fuck" i smile "look at this though" hazel wears a tight red dress.

she looks at herself next to me "my hair is getting to long, can we cut it later" i nod "sure" i laugh a bit i hear my bedroom door open "hello?" we hear alice's voice "in here" hazel sits down on the seat places in the middle of my closets

alice comes into view with a white dress on "oh my god i love women" she sighs causing us to laugh "look at your dress" hazel turns around and alice sits next to her leaning her head on hazel "the suit is definitely something you should wear again"

"thank you alice" i turn around to the both of them "the meeting starts in ten minutes and the entire mafia is coming,this should be interesting" i walk over to them and they both stand.

"let's go" we all link hands and make it out of my room. "Are you nervous to go back to New York?" alice looks at me "just a little, i know how good i am so i know all will be okay"

We walk downstairs and see the house is filled with people. "Where are we supposed to go?" Alice looks at me "we're holding the meeting in the ballroom" alice nods.

we turn down the hallway brushing past people and keeping our heads straight not looking at the people staring at us.

we turn to each hallway until we feel the cool ballroom air. Dad stands by the doorway talking to a group of men and women.

"Nicoletta" a woman in the group turns around and I nod at her, not stopping to talk and heading into the ballroom. there's long tables in the shape of a U along the entire ballroom.

I know dad will be speaking in the middle and needs all eyes on him. more and more people start to pour into the ballroom so we take our seats.

blade sits next to me and i smile at him "knife boy" hazel smiles at blade and he rolls his eyes. getting a good look at alice she tries to make as little eye contact as possible "oh come on kitty i don't bite" her head snaps in his direction.

"brandon sit the fuck down" he cringes at his name as he sits "you're difficult" he takes out a knife and plays with it as we wait.

Soon the entire mafia is placed in the room at their seats,some standing. looking over across the room, luciano sits across from blade staring at him. my eyes shift to cassie bonacchi directly next to lucaino.

that fuckin slut i stare at her as she smiles at me. if she touches him you just beat her ass later. he hand goes to his shoulder and anger bubbles inside of me.

Luciano looks over at me and smirks before turning to her with a smile two can play that game asshole. I'm going to wait  until Cassie whispers in his ear and he looks at me to touch blade.

he smirks at me again and I send him a sinister smile before slowly turning my head to blade and touching his face causing him to look at me.

"blade" i stare into his eyes "i've missed you being around" he smile "even if we're not sleeping together, you're good company" i send him a soft voice as i play with his button up.

"remember the last time you talked to me with that tone, and you couldn't walk the next day" i laugh "remember when you liked to call me mommy and beg for me to let you finish" i smile "you're a mean mean woman" i shrug turning off the sexy voice "it's what i do"

i turn my head back to see a furious luciano looking at me and i wink at him can't win the toxic game, i'm simply too good at it asshole.

"hello everyone" dad claps his hands together as his voice echoes in the ballroom. "Today we talk about taking down the Rose Rivera" the crowd claps.

"she has been somewhat of a problem for the family we created together therefore we must eliminate her and the mafia she created'' the crowd cheers and it takes them a moment to calm down.

"we're going to New York next week, as a mafia, and we're going to tear the French mafia apart!" the crowd cheers once again. This is the start of something great..

We sit and listen for the next hour for the first part of the meet. meetings are annoying. "so yes we will all be going to manhattan,i've set up plane tickets and several different hotels for all of you"

The room starts to get warm and I take off my suit jacket to reveal my red long band bralette underneath. my high waisted suit pants only leave about two inches of skin to show.

i keep on paying attention to what dad is saying as the rest of the mafia starts to get more comfortable and take their suit jackets or fur coats off.

My eyes fall on Jason as he pulls at the fabric on his neck from the burgundy turtleneck he's wearing. isn't he sweating in that? Jason turns his head to me and smiles causing me to smile back.

he pulls at the neck fabric again causing it to shift down. He has a neck tattoo? What is that? I try to get a better look at it, could it be something embarrassing. getting a better look at it confusion fills my mind.

Is that a rose? I don't know why he would be embarrassed by that? Where have I seen that before? my heart sinks

merry christmas eve boo things