Ending (Avengers) Chapter 20: The Ring

Carol groaned as she looks at her side, actually having an IV connected, how? Probably due to the stolen energy, Kratus' energy... wait where is he? She looks at her side seeing Fury enter.

Carol: Fury?

Fury: *smiles* Danvers. It really is good to see you again.

Carol: Did I... hurt anyone?

Fury: Less than I expected, and no the eye is not from you, but-

Carol: So I still did. Where's... Kratus?

(Starts music)

Fury stays quiet, Carol looked confused since he didn't answer.

Carol: Fury?

Fury: He's... gone.

Carol: G-Gone? Hehehe, he isn't dead, don't joke.

Fury: Carol.

Carol: Every time he dies, someone takes his place! He can't die!

Fury: A shockwave was shown, it's possible... because of the sword... it might have damaged his system, absorbing the darkness while it was in him might've hurt him and... an explosion was the last thing the team saw.

Carol: Stop! Just stop! He is not gone!

Fury: Carol.

Carol: He's not gone! *falls on Fury's hands hugging and crying* He's not gone! He isn't dead!

Fury: Carol... I'm so sorry.

Scene moves to Steve seated in a bench inside the carrier with his shield in his legs. Natasha walks inside and sits by his side.

Natasha: Will everything be ok?

Steve: Yeah... but it will take some time to... *sighs* no I'm not ok.

Natasha: Did he have a family?

Steve: He's synthetic, no father, no mother, betrayed by his brothers... I say the closest people to a family... was the ones in the 1940's.

Natasha: Like you.

Steve nods as the news was showing it. They showed only the remaining of the fight, which was Kratus flying to the portal and not coming back. Scene shows something in the table where the Avengers basically were seated, Kratus SHIELD id. Fury walks and grabs it looking at it, as he just puts it in his pockets, not even thinking of putting it away from his sight.

Sahara

Scene moves to a desert with a yellow trail instantly appearing and disappearing in barely a second and later reappearing in the city of Jeddah in Saudi Arabia. The trail was Makkari as she enters a jewelry store later walking, but as she enters, the salesman was looking at the TV, she looks and sees New York in ruins but later reads in the bottom description... Death of Superman. She saw a footage of Kratus falling in Liberty Island from a phone video, as when he crashed, the entire phone shook as well as it shows the Statue of Liberty falling. Seconds later shows him flying to the portal from the stone and later the footage cuts. Makkari looks down, as the salesman looks back but Makkari isn't there. She was now in the Domo completely sinked in the sands, as she walks to Phastos' Lab and just... sits by the chair, not in it. She looks down later putting her knees by her chest and puts her face in her hands as she started to cry... but no sound came from her.