(Avengers) Chapter 17: They called it

Kratus looked around the room, he definitely could smell fire.

Kratus: What happened?

Fury: Engine 3 is down! We're being ambushed!

Kratus: By who?

Fury: Barton.

Kratus: I'm going out!

He flew through the window as he flew and looked at the engine.

Fury: *comms* Kenneth?

Kratus: Umm... it looks more deactivated than destroyed, who's taking care of it?

Fury: *comms* Stark. Kenneth find Barton and make sure the carrier doesn't fall.

Kratus: All right, I'll-

He was blasted back as he looks behind him and his face grew softer, Carol.

Kratus: Carol?

Kratus: Carol?

Carol only had a glare behind the mask, he could tell. She flew at high speeds and punched Kratus back who was spinning but managed to float straight.

Kratus: Carol come on!

She flew again going for a punch which he dodged, she kept flying around going for punches as Kratus flew away and looked back seeing Carol following him. He unexpectedly flew at her and clashed but he won the clash and grabbed both fists, making sure she couldn't fire any photons.

Kratus: Please don't make me do this!

Carol was trying to fight back, she was grunting.

Carol: Sorry... but you might have to.

Kratus looked confused and she kneed his balls making him yelp and Carol punched his face, actually making him spit blood. He separated and blocked a lot of punches from her. He separated from it and flew towards her as scene zooms out showing a shockwave and later a yellow trail and a white glowing one as another clash was shown, and the same thing repeated for a few.

Fury: *comms* Kratus we need some assistance.

Kratus: *creating another shockwave* Little busy, Carol's here.

Fury: *comms* Forget Carol! The Hulk is loose!

Kratus: What?

Later the two saw the Helicarrier shake a little, The Hulk is here.

Kratus: God.

Carol looked at him smiling and flew putting him in a headlock as he fought for air.

Carol: Remember... eyes on me.

Kratus: Sorry, but you technically... can't say that?

Carol: Why's that?

Kratus: Cause you're not my Carol.